• Register Today It's free!

power windows issue

PeterM

Reaction score
City, State
fort worth, tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Explorer Eddie Bauer
Been having trouble with 2004 Ford Explorer windows for a while. Started with rear driver intermittently working. Then all but front passenger don't work. Fuse and circuit breaker good. Removed the wire boot in the driver door and found small green wire broken. Fixed it but that just made the power mirror work again. Couldn't find any other broken wires in the driver passenger door boot. Replaced the switch on the driver door and that didn't fix it either. So I have 3 windows that don't work. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Been having trouble with 2004 Ford Explorer windows for a while. Started with rear driver intermittently working. Then all but front passenger don't work. Fuse and circuit breaker good. Removed the wire boot in the driver door and found small green wire broken. Fixed it but that just made the power mirror work again. Couldn't find any other broken wires in the driver passenger door boot. Replaced the switch on the driver door and that didn't fix it either. So I have 3 windows that don't work. Any help is greatly appreciated.
@PeterM
Since you seem to have eliminated possible electrical issues, and the fact they seemed to quit not all at once, suspect drive motor problems, or mechanical problems in mechanism, though jamming is thought to cause overloading, and fuse blowing. Decide which one you want most badly, remove inner panel, check for voltage at motor connector first. If the juice is there, the motor should run.....
imp

At first I thought u meant mechanic problems! I was like, hey! Well...maybe. Than reread it. Lol Will I hear the motor running? The only elec tester thing has a short metal tip so would I use a spare wire and put it in the back of the fuse/clip thing in the door? Sorry, idk the technical words for the parts. But put the spare wire in each hole and the tester to the wire? Are the back doors set up the same way where I could use the other door as reference for the cables? Do you by chance live in Minnesota? Lmao I called an auto glass comp and they want $45 just to diagnose it! Is that normal? For $45 I can tell them what it isn't. 😁

Back