• Register Today It's free!

Raising Vehicle

Mickalo

Reaction score
City, State
Iowa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Explorer w/4.0 4wd
I got a 2010 xlt 4wd and was wondering if anyone has done something like this to raise up their vehicle. I have 2 pair of Rhino Ramps and was thinking of using them, one under each wheel and drive up, or back onto, each one. It would be really be nice to have the extra room underneath and could actually use a creeper instead of sliding around on an old rug to check fluid, change oil, etc. Is this something that maybe feasible or ,maybe not worth trying? I don't have a garage just apt. parking lot. It very level.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There should be no reason you can't put it on ramps, as long as they are suitable, weight wise.

yea they're rated 12,000#'s a pair so they should be able to handle it.

thanks,

I use ramps all the time, never had an issue. One thing to be aware of is when you back off them metal ones can go sliding away. Make sure no one is standing there or if you're doing oil that you don't have it near where it can get hit.

rhino ramps are not metal these things don't slide plus there's a high curb for each parking space to set them up against ( 1pair) so that helps keep them from possibly moving when driving up on them

I do that all the time to check my transmission fluid level. Same ramps

Then you're good, my dads old ones are metal, will slide along concrete a few feet. Can't buy metal anymore they are all plastic. Haven't used my plastic ones yet to know how far they might slide.

Then you're good, my dads old ones are metal, will slide along concrete a few feet. Can't buy metal anymore they are all plastic. Haven't used my plastic ones yet to know how far they might slide.
actually you can still purchase the metal ones at Harbor Freight for $39.99/pair, just bought 2 pairs a couple months ago

Back