Factory Sirius Radio Suddenly Has No Sound | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Factory Sirius Radio Suddenly Has No Sound

mikerugg

Reaction score
City, State
Newburyport, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Explorer Eddie Bower
I was already reading about this but after registering I can't get back to where I was, so I apologize for starting a new thread. My Sirius radio suddenly doesn't have sound, while AM and FM do. Refresh signals did nothing. The channel playing displays on the radio but no sound, in other words it will say Sirius and then for example 114 Fox News. I spoke to a tech and her only answer was a bad module or module connection to the radio, and the module may be behind the radio, under the dash, or maybe down by the gas pedal. This is where I sit and I'm hoping someone might know where that module actually is.
One other odd thing that may or may not be connected, I could always get to Sirius by pressing the Media button on my steering wheel. As you know it would cycle through all the options and then after sync displays my Sirius channel would play. Now that button doesn't stop on Sat 1, 2, or 3 but goes right to an FM station. The only way to get to Sirius now is by pressing the AUX button.
Thank you in advance for anyone that can help.

Back