1998 Explorer lift kit | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1998 Explorer lift kit

updated photos: 32" x 11.5" x 15" mickey thompson baja atz plus

and then one with my old tires 31's

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

updated photos: 32" x 11.5" x 15" mickey thompson baja atz plus

IMG_7180.jpg

_MG_9958.jpg

degsg.jpg

And an old one
IMG_5225.jpg

How do you do HDR photos?

Trying to get the camburg kit. It's the best I've found so far. They make the kit for explorers but it's the same as the ranger edge kit.

Looks sweet! How much lift do you have on that?

3" larger shackles in the back, and about 3-4" in the front with the torsion bars maxed out.

How do you do HDR photos?

I use a program through Photoshop called HDR EFex pro by nik software. I take 3 photos at different exposures with autobracketing (AEB) then the program combines the 3 photos.

3" larger shackles in the back, and about 3-4" in the front with the torsion bars maxed out.

You got 3"+ out of torsion bars?

You got 3"+ out of torsion bars?

yeah im pretty sure its about 3" i was able to fit 32" tires, and the stock size was about 28.5". i had buy a longer bolt and have it threaded. with that i was able to crank them up all the way... sometimes you can pull the torsion bars out and turn them, but i was unable to. you can also buy torsion keys that have a different offset...

i had buy a longer bolt and have it threaded. with that i was able to crank them up all the way...

Ahh this was the information I was missing

I'd guess it rides pretty stiff with an even longer bolt maxed out. Are you looking at the burg 6.0 kit or the LT kit?

I'd guess it rides pretty stiff with an even longer bolt maxed out. Are you looking at the burg 6.0 kit or the LT kit?

im in the process of deciding between the 6.0 entry level or the 6.0 performance.

My opinion...

If you're going for looks, don't even go camburg because it's so pricey. Just find some used lift spindles and whatever shocks you want and save money.

If you're going to use the truck offroad, the 6.0 kit WITH the upgraded shocks (i think there's an option for dual 2.0s) is a good choice. Still pricey, but you'll be happy. In prerunning type of offroading, shocks are everything, so the single 5100 shock on the entry kit won't cut it.

TT is free, just need a wrench. Shackles can go for 12-70ish bucks depending on quality (AutoZone for cheap, 4WheelParts for nice), and about 150-200 for the BL, Summit Racing or just about any other online auto store (search for PA-853).
Now will that BL fit a 1998 Ford Explorer XLT?

Back