Front Bumper Pops Out | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Front Bumper Pops Out

Hi Folks,

I did a quick search for this but didn't find anything. I have a used 2013 Explorer. It was in a fender-bender before I bought it. Where the front bumper meets the fender on both sides pops out constantly. It snaps back in easily, but next time you drive it will be popped out again. Any ideas how to repair this?

Here is the bumper popped out.

Nv2ftDOQVXr_zHA7GZvKqozKKJvqeBBGTf8lqyD5YVE

And here's what it looks like when you pop it back in flush.
bJ9pKrWaokXPtmnG5fsSPPZO7rbgNGbV7GXWQ8SykgI

Your links are broken.

Most of the time it is one of three problems.
1) It is an aftermarket replacement bumper cover.
Aftermarket body parts are crap 90% of the time.

2) The side stays are damaged or broken
There are these little slots in the bumper cover. There are these little tabs on the side stay. The little tabs *snap* into the holes on the cover to hold the cover in place. If those tabs are broken or missing the cover will not stay in place.

3) There is still some front end damage.
If at any point between the two fenders the cover is IN too far it will stress outward at those two points.

See if you can find a better host for the photos. If you have a moment as well. Pop one or both of the sides off and take a picture of the side stay ( what the bumper cover snaps into. ) We will go from there.

I can see them when I click on them.

I am assuming the second photo is when you slap the cover back inside the stay.
Even then it *appears* to stick out a tiny hair.

Either way I am not seeing anything in those two photos that are a really good tell tale as to what is going on.

Pull the cover out as far as you can without bending it too much and snap a picture of the cover, and the stay if you can get both onto the photo.

Back