• Register Today It's free!

More power

Ramosag

Reaction score
City, State
EASTON PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Ford Explorer
I have a 2004 Ford Explorer and I want to know what are the steps I need to get more horse power to my Explorer. Eventually I want to start off with cold air intake, Muffler system but im not sure what kind i should get.Also I have a mis fire on cylinder 7 and i have to replace the coil. I guess my question is should i get all 8 of the high perfomace coil. i was looking at the yellow accel. any suggestion would be highly appreactitated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a 2004 Ford Explorer and I want to know what are the steps I need to get more horse power to my Explorer. Eventually I want to start off with cold air intake, Muffler system but im not sure what kind i should get.Also I have a mis fire on cylinder 7 and i have to replace the coil. I guess my question is should i get all 8 of the high perfomace coil. i was looking at the yellow accel. any suggestion would be highly appreactitated.
Go with MSD (red) over Accel. They'll usually be cheaper, but from what I've heard, better quality. I think it's a good idea to go for the whole set

Go with MSD (red) over Accel. They'll usually be cheaper, but from what I've heard, better quality. I think it's a good idea to go for the whole set

Thank u I'm going to look into that

If you research this forum, most agree aftermarket intakes, exhaust systems, and performance ignition parts will yield MARGINAL results. Appears you already have the 4.6L V8. As many have said before, if you want improved performance
and power, consider a newer Explorer or.another vehicle. JMO

If you research this forum, most agree aftermarket intakes, exhaust systems, and performance ignition parts will yield MARGINAL results. Appears you already have the 4.6L V8. As many have said before, if you want improved performance
and power, consider a newer Explorer or.another vehicle. JMO

Or the 5.4 swap...

Tuner. Mo power, less fuel.

I just realized something, I bet with a supercharger the 4.0 can probably out do the 4.6 because the 4.0 is FLEX and you can run 105 octane E85 and turn the boost up way higher.

The e85 has less energy, so I'd doubt it.

The e85 has less energy, so I'd doubt it.

Must be a subscriber of Autoternative Facts Magazine. lol

Tons of people are using E85 as a cheap racing fuel with forced induction and creating incredible numbers on the dyno. It just takes more volume of it than gas so usually requires installing bigger injectors and a bigger fuel pump.

Brainwashed republican? I guess maybe I should make done baseless claims about you, eh? I'm sure you've never been incorrect about something. Must be great being infallible. Dick.

Also, volumetrically, there certainly is less engergy potentional, so I wasn't entirely incorrect.

Also, nice edit.

Back