• Register Today It's free!

LED Dilemma

frankybotz87

Reaction score
City, State
NYC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer XLT
Newbie here so I will first apologies if this topic has been addressed, searched and haven't found anything. So I love the concept of leds in my explorer however disappointed at the fact that not every exterior light is led.

So I went to autozone and purchased the sylvania zevo 3157 for the front turn signals, and sylvania 7443 for the rear turn signals. No hyperflash from the exterior of the vehicle, however there is hyperflash coming from the instrument cluster and the rapid "ticking" is annoying. Is there any fix for this other than splicing the factory wires? Do these 2016 models have flasher relay? Any help is appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

mine does the same, it must be the load (or lack thereof) that is causing this as it doesn't matter lights on/off since there isn't a marker/parking lamp in the front turn signal spot unlike the 11-15's

Are there bulbs available with built in resistors?

Anyone have an update on this? I just installed LEDs and am having the same issue with the flasher relay (hyper-flashing). Thanks

Anyone have an update on this? I just installed LEDs and am having the same issue with the flasher relay (hyper-flashing). Thanks
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Is it the same as the initial post with the hyper flashing cluster? Your 4th generation Explorer may have a different setup than the 5th gen. Have you tried posting it in the following forum to see if anyone else with a similar vehicle has had the same issue? http://www.explorerforum.com/xenfor...2010-explorer-mountaineer-4th-generation.110/

Peter

Back