Little Red Hose - No A/C blowing out frond Vents | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Little Red Hose - No A/C blowing out frond Vents

Annjava1

Reaction score
City, State
Fuquay Varina, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Ford Explorer
Hi! I have a 1997 Ford Explorer. Recently - I noticed a little red hose on the passenger side dangling down - sounds like air blowing out of it. And - the front Vents that blow straight out don't work. The Defrost works and the back seat fans work still.

Just wondering if someone knows where to plug it back in? And how did it just come out?

Thanks!!!

It's a vacuum leak, not air blowing out of it. It controls a vacuum motor which changes where the air flow is directed. I'm sorry, but I can't tell you where it goes, as I am not that familiar with that year Explorer. Look under the dash, and look for a nipple that does not have a hose attached to it. That would be the one ;) Maybe a passenger snagged it with their feet?

Thanks Jon. I just added a "How to" prefix to your thread as it can make it easier for others to find.

BTW, since you are a moderator, you can add that prefix whenever you see a thread that you think is useful:thumbsup:

Back