2015 to 2017, Are the hoods/fenders the same? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2015 to 2017, Are the hoods/fenders the same?

Minne-so-cold

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Platinum
I had an '04 Explorer with a Stampede brand American flag bug shield on it. I just bought a 2017 Explorer Platinum and wanted the same bug shield, but Stampede (Lund International) says it only fits up to the 2015 model year.
But, isn't the 2015 and 2017 hoods and fenders the same? Obviously they would only have to be the same when it matters to about five push in plastic connectors under the hood.

Thanks for any help!

I had an '04 Explorer with a Stampede brand American flag bug shield on it. I just bought a 2017 Explorer Platinum and wanted the same bug shield, but Stampede (Lund International) says it only fits up to the 2015 model year.
But, isn't the 2015 and 2017 hoods and fenders the same? Obviously they would only have to be the same when it matters to about five push in plastic connectors under the hood.

Thanks for any help!
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
The hood was changed a little starting with the 2016 model. The main difference is the center contour which is now wider and longer and doesn't have the curved edge at the front. The hood new deflector takes that into account. I don't believe there were any changes to the fenders.

Peter

Back