New---looking for Explorer parts to build my 37 Ford | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New---looking for Explorer parts to build my 37 Ford

Harold Tusler

Reaction score
City, State
Mesquite
Year, Model & Trim Level
1937 Ford
I am a new old guy looking to use Explorer parts in a hot rod build. My initial research leads me to believe that I can use an Explorer rear end and front suspension in my 1937 Ford pickup frame. Can anyone confirm or debunk that information? The 37 needs a 60 inch wide rear end.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome Harold!
I moved your thread into a better section for your question, although it may not be the best section, time will tell. I recall other threads with other similar builds, people dropping older bodies onto 2nd generation Explorers, etc, so this might fit here.
I be
I've the rear axle is 59.5" or so, so that's right in line with what you want. Are you looking for a torsion bar front setup, or coil springs?

I am looking for suggestions. I have seen the torsion bar setup but not the coil springs. I need some experienced recommendation.

And what kind of power goals?

The 37 will be a touring vehicle. I won't be looking to show that it has great power. I see it as an attractant for our cherry growing business.

Torsion bars do not ride the best, but will probably do, and of course be the easiest since they are already there. Kind of out of the way also.

You can soften the ride at the expense of cornering by removing the front swaybar.

What type of front suspension is the frame currently set up for?

I traded the trashed Flathead engine, the transmission, a funky front suspension that had replaced the original and the rear end, so the frame is not set up for anything.

If I had my pick of front suspension I'd want coilovers. I'm not a huge fan of t-bars.

People have always loved the Mustang II platform. Ever looked into Helix kits?

Back