Remote Start 2011-2015 FORSCAN | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Remote Start 2011-2015 FORSCAN

Awesome! I got mine enabled tonight also!
I also want to thank everyone who had figured this out and posted here!

Now, I am just waiting for my 5 button key from replacemyremote.com and then to get it cut, and programmed. I am not sure if I'll be able to get it done thru forscan or not? Might have to go to the dealer if I can't figure it out
did you ever get this working with the new key?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

did you ever get this working with the new key?
Not yet...I couldn't find anything definitive, so I am going to bring it to the dealer to get it done. It will be $50 for a half hour of labor.

@billyfromhill where did you go to change the setting of car feedback, for example i want to add horn when i unlock the car using remote. i have the default press twice lock button car will horn once if all the doors are properly close if one is not close it will chirp twice.
All I was able to add was the honk on double lock press and flash turn signals once upon unlock press. I also change my dimming to on/off from theatre. I believe it was in the BCM settings. They were all menu options. I did not have to change the hex values.

Will a cheap obd2 Elm327 work for this? I’m trying to save some money and see there are ones that are mostly WiFi for my iPhone...

All I was able to add was the honk on double lock press and flash turn signals once upon unlock press. I also change my dimming to on/off from theatre. I believe it was in the BCM settings. They were all menu options. I did not have to change the hex values.
"honk on double lock press and flash turn signals once upon unlock press" this was default settings ( i guess) and these remote function was not listed on the BCM menu options on forscan. maybe i'm wrong but i'm using the latest version of forscan :confused:

Will a cheap obd2 Elm327 work for this? I’m trying to save some money and see there are ones that are mostly WiFi for my iPhone...
It should...check the forscan forums to be sure.

"honk on double lock press and flash turn signals once upon unlock press" this was default settings ( i guess) and these remote function was not listed on the BCM menu options on forscan. maybe i'm wrong but i'm using the latest version of forscan :confused:
I'll have to check my vehicle again then. I'm probably not remembering it correctly. I have a PIU so those settings were off my default. My PIU did not come with factory remote locks either. I had my dealer add it with IDS before I discovered FORScan.

Hi all. I have enabled a keyless unlock/lock on my 2013 PI Sedan. However, there's no feedback to any of the actions. I'd like to add feedback to when I'm unlocking / locking the doors (horn, flashing lights). Which values do I change in which module?

Your help is appreciated

Hi all. I have enabled a keyless unlock/lock on my 2013 PI Sedan. However, there's no feedback to any of the actions. I'd like to add feedback to when I'm unlocking / locking the doors (horn, flashing lights). Which values do I change in which module?

Your help is appreciated
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Hopefully someone will have the answer. I've never used the fob to lock/unlock the doors. Just tried it and with mine (2017) it just activates the lights. No horn. I can't recall if my 2011 was the same.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Hopefully someone will have the answer. I've never used the fob to lock/unlock the doors. Just tried it and with mine (2017) it just activates the lights. No horn. I can't recall if my 2011 was the same.

Peter

Thank you for the warm welcome, Peter. :wave:

I was able to find a solution for activating feedback for remote unlock/lock (with a FOB) for the 2013 PI Sedan.
It's located in this post by PlatinumOwner

Simply change BCM 726-15-01 to: xxxx 0101 xx. (the first 1 is horn feedback, the second 1 is light feedback),
"xxxx" values are to be ignored / do not change them.

The aforementioned change can be applied via either the easy method in FORScan, or advanced mode (accessing individual addresses and values inside each module). Both methods have their advantages and disadvantages.

I had to reprogram the 5-key FOB for the feedback to work. Reprogramming instructions here.

Useful references:

FORScan Intro and Decoding Spreadsheets(with links to various spreadsheets of FORScan codes for different Ford models)

Unlocking Features on the 2013+ Ford Police Interceptor Guide

Tools Used / Purchased:

-Windows 10 PC Laptop w/ built in bluetooth
-Modified ELM327 Bluetooth OBD2 w/ HS-CAN/MS-CAN Switch & Microchip // $24.93
-Keyless Entry Remote Start Car Key Fob Control (5 button) // $28.45
-FORScan version 2.3.10 beta for Windows - free
(Making these changes will require the extended licensing for Forscan, which is only available in the Windows version. You can get a 2 month free trial by first registering , THEN completing this form)

I'm new here and reading a lott and learning a lot but have a few questions about enabling remote start on a 15 XLT.
First the obd2 tools do you use the Bluetooth version with app on your phone or forescan on computer?
Also are the cheaper 5 button keys working just as well as a remanufactured OEM key?

I'm new here and reading a lott and learning a lot but have a few questions about enabling remote start on a 15 XLT.
First the obd2 tools do you use the Bluetooth version with app on your phone or forescan on computer?
Also are the cheaper 5 button keys working just as well as a remanufactured OEM key?
I used a Bluetooth odb2 with the windows software. You will need the free advanced license for forscan. I have a 14 with no power lift gate so I bought a 4 button 3rd party key on amazon. Works fine, though the range is inconsistent. Some days it works from over 100 yards and sometimes it won’t work from 50 yards. At the longer range it is hard to know if the car actually started. At nite it’s easier to see the lights on.

Ok thanks for the quick answers. I bought everything I need and will try it this weekend.

Last question is can I program a new key I just bought before I get it cut. I only ask because I want to make sure key works before it's cut. I may be able to return it if it doesn't work.

Ok thanks for the quick answers. I bought everything I need and will try it this weekend.

Last question is can I program a new key I just bought before I get it cut. I only ask because I want to make sure key works before it's cut. I may be able to return it if it doesn't work.

No, because you need to insert the key into the ignition and turn he cylinder to program the key. If I recall you need to do this a few times in the sequence.

I thought you only had to do that to one key then the others you just push a button to program it

I thought you only had to do that to one key then the others you just push a button to program it
I'll defer to someone else to answer as I am not an expert and only did this once or twice. but if I recall there are 2 programming sequences. 1 Sequence programs the buttons on the key fob to lock/unlock etc, and the other sequence codes programs the key to the ignition. I believe the ignition process is what required the key turns.

I just did mine you have to program EACH key to the vehicle using the procedure in your owners manual. If it's a Ford key then thats all I'm told. I used aftermarket kets ($39 for two on amazon) and with the aftermarket keys you have to program the remote in the 2nd step

Ok thanks for the input. That does make sense. I was just thinking about when I did my truck. But it was only a fob .

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back