How to: - New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming | Page 38 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to: New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming

Prefix for threads which are instructional.
I'm guessing hardware, for instance if you are trying to enable heated steering wheel you cannot just enable it and have it work if you do not have the hardware for it.

yes, hardware, sorry I made confusion in my question, I am thinking about what hardware it could be , in PIU but not in normal version, maybe a different beam module if a simple switch can be added, that is worth to try.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So is there any possible way to change tire size? Can a tuner like Livernois do it? I want to get my speedometer corrected in my 2015 PIU Ecoboost. I'm running factory 20" wheels/tires, so my speedo reads up to 5mph too slow. I'm OCD about certain things and really want to correct this. None of the Forscan or IDS changes I've made have resulted in changing the indicated vehicle speed.

So is there any possible way to change tire size? Can a tuner like Livernois do it? I want to get my speedometer corrected in my 2015 PIU Ecoboost. I'm running factory 20" wheels/tires, so my speedo reads up to 5mph too slow. I'm OCD about certain things and really want to correct this. None of the Forscan or IDS changes I've made have resulted in changing the indicated vehicle speed.
Not sure what sizes you had but if it's off by 5 MPH then you've probably exceeded the maximum diameter variance of 3%. If so, that would affect the ABS system and possible other factory programmed items that took the OEM wheels into account. I believe the 2016/17 models have preprogrammed sizes that can be selected to automatically update the info for the various modules involved.
Are you sure you are off that much? If you went from 245/60R18 to 255/50R20 you should only be off by 0.94 MPH at 60. Variance would be 1.6%
https://www.tacomaworld.com/tirecalc?tires=245-60r18-255-50r20

Peter

I have a 5% variance at the minimum between the stock 245/55-20 Police spec tire and the 255/50-20 Sport spec tire. It's enough to be pretty annoying.

I reached out to Livernois tonight to see what they think. If they can fix it, then I'll probably order a tuner from them.

Worst case, I'll disassemble the cluster and shift the pointer on the speedometer a little bit to adjust. It won't fix the trip computer or mileage readings, but it will at least give me an accurate speed indicator.

I have a P160A code set in the PCM. I'm going to set my tire sizes back to stock in the BCM and ABS modules in the morning and see if that code clears. If the code clears, then I know that the PCM is indicating there is a mis-match occurring related to the tire sizes between the three modules.

Adding to tire diameter and code P160A stored in the PCM, I've confirmed that when the PCM and BCM have he original tire diameter, that code can be cleared and doesn't reappear. The ABS module doesn't need to match in terms of diameter for that code to clear. I can't update the ABS module back to 18" wheels and will need to use my IDS tool to do that.

So it appears that if you want to change the diameter of your tires on an Explorer, you need to reprogram the PCM as well.

Been a while since I've looked at the Forscan thread on F150Forum and came across this (credit goes to Livnitup):

If you have Sync 3 v2.2 or 3.0 you can use the following in APIM for NAV features & viewing text messages at any speed:
7D0-02-01 5753 xxxx xxxx

I have not had a chance to try it yet.

Been a while since I've looked at the Forscan thread on F150Forum and came across this (credit goes to Livnitup):

If you have Sync 3 v2.2 or 3.0 you can use the following in APIM for NAV features & viewing text messages at any speed:
7D0-02-01 5753 xxxx xxxx

Just what we need. The chance of possibly more distracted drivers.:(

Just what we need. The chance of possibly more distracted drivers.:(

I find the voice navigation works well on Sync 3. This would be nice for the passenger to be able to look up/modify addresses though.

I find the voice navigation works well on Sync 3. This would be nice for the passenger to be able to look up/modify addresses though.
Yes, I assumed that is what your post was about but unfortunately it also opens it up to abuse/misuse. Thanks.

What OBD2 Bluetooth device are people using for iPhone to make these changes?

What OBD2 Bluetooth device are people using for iPhone to make these changes?

You can't make these changes from a phone. You need the full software on a Windows PC.

You can't make these changes from a phone. You need the full software on a Windows PC.
I’m sorry I guess I was just a little confused. Just so I have this correct. To enable the remote start on a 2011-2015 Explorer through Forscan I need the full program with the extended license and a PC?

I’m sorry I guess I was just a little confused. Just so I have this correct. To enable the remote start on a 2011-2015 Explorer through Forscan I need the full program with the extended license and a PC?

You can buy a cheap windows tablet if you want.

The extended license is free you just have to follow the steps on their site to get it.

I didn't care for bluetooth so I went with the following USB adapter and use it with my laptop:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01F0GVBWY/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

7D0-02-01 5753 xxxx xxxx

It works but disables Sirius Travel Link if one has it.

Does anybody know if ForScan can modify "Trailer Sway" option to off by default? As of now I can turn it to OFF, but after next restart it is in ON state again.

Does anybody know if ForScan can modify "Trailer Sway" option to off by default? As of now I can turn it to OFF, but after next restart it is in ON state again.
What is the benefit of turning it off?

Peter

2 Questions:
Is there a way to activate the reverse mirror tilt upon shifting into Reverse? Seems weird to have to push the mirror button to make it tilt down. Surprised this feature is so difficult in a new car.

Also, I was finally able to get the Global Close working, but noticed that for both global open and close I have to hit the unlock/lock button twice to activate the windows. I guess it wouldn't be that annoying other than when closing the car honks loudly on the second lock push. Would prefer either no honk or the windows activating on a single press and hold. Is this a setting somewhere?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It works but disables Sirius Travel Link if one has it.
It will disable Sirius Travel Link as mentioned, but only on Sync2. It will not disable Travel Link on Sync3. However it will disable 911 assist, which when vehicle is involved in an accident, Sync calls 911, gives vehicle location, airbag deployment, rollover, etc. to 911 emergency dispatchers.This was discussed yesterday with Livnitup and no way to have both. It's either one or the other.

Back