My '95 don't start | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My '95 don't start

I exchanged filter with pump I Will disconet line after filter to see if gas Will exhaust
Like that I Will know from what side problem is coming from
What about fuel pressure regulator can IT be clogged or not working? And where IT is?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you disconnected the line after the filter, or at the fuel rail, turned the key ON and no fuel came out, it has nothing to do with the fuel pressure regulator. Either the pump isn't pumping or the filter is totally clogged.

eNhrkBCk3MQvKjeG9sNB4Nv3iezt7B1ZyGmGg=w691-h518-no.png
Hi

I removed gas tank and pump
I tested pump connected on 12VDC no problem
There is this strange part on pump's cover looking like a relay, but what is this and how can I test??,
_Mk6g?key=aHF0cjB1Ql8wOWdPbDVabW9QUGRPaTNjWm84NGNR.png

eNhrkBCk3MQvKjeG9sNB4Nv3iezt7B1ZyGmGg=w691-h518-no.png
Hi

I removed gas tank and pump
I tested pump connected on 12VDC no problem
There is this strange part on pump's cover looking like a relay, but what is this and how can I test??,
_Mk6g?key=aHF0cjB1Ql8wOWdPbDVabW9QUGRPaTNjWm84NGNR.png

I can't help you with that. None of my trucks ('97-2001) had anything like that. It does appear to be power related judging by the wires going in/out of it.

Can't help you with that. None of my trucks ('97-2001) have anything like that. It does appear to be power related though, judging by the wires in/out of it.

I think same, my idea is to short circuit red with orange wires

I think same, my idea is to short circuit red with orange wires

I don't think you mean to say "short circuit" but if you you mean to say bypass it and supply power and ground directly to the wires that go to the pump, you've already proven the pump will run if you give it 12V and a ground, so I don't know what that will do for you. That black box must do something. It doesn't look like a relay though. Perhaps some sort of resistor?

Maybe you should start another thread specifically asking what that thing is/does on a '95.

OK I will

On your pic it is a simple resistor I believe

I don't think you mean to say "short circuit" but if you you mean to say bypass it and supply power and ground directly to the wires that go to the pump, you've already proven the pump will run if you give it 12V and a ground, so I don't know what that will do for you. That black box must do something. It doesn't look like a relay though. Perhaps some sort of resistor?

Maybe you should start another thread specifically asking what that thing is/does on a '95.

There is 5 wires 2 big and 3 small, complicated for a resistor
I thought to a pressure sensor but no communication with the tank

Thanks, but place is used for hydrogen injection from a water electrolysis system I dont' use and I removed fuse on power supply
Hydrogen injection? Really? Tell us more about that!

Yes there there is an elctrtolysis cell injecting hydrogen after air filter
But for me energy bilan is négative you use more power for elctolysis thanyou produce by combustion
I can take some pics if you are interested

Yes there there is an elctrtolysis cell injecting hydrogen after air filter
But for me energy bilan is négative you use more power for elctolysis thanyou produce by combustion
I can take some pics if you are interested
Please post these pictures, and please explain why it was even installed in the first place and where did the electrical power for the electrolysis come from - the alternator? As I understand, it's easy to make hydrogen from water, then make water again by combining it with oxygen (in other words, burning). The trouble is that you need 100% efficiency in this process to even get the energy spent on electrolysis back by burning.

Please post these pictures, and please explain why it was even installed in the first place and where did the electrical power for the electrolysis come from - the alternator? As I understand, it's easy to make hydrogen from water, then make water again by combining it with oxygen (in other words, burning). The trouble is that you need 100% efficiency in this process to even get the energy spent on electrolysis back by burning.
I think he is saying he isn't using it due to it not being worth the energy to make the hydrogen.

I think he is saying he isn't using it due to it not being worth the energy to make the hydrogen.
Sure, but would be interesting to know what sort of device it is and why it was installed in the first place.
Powering vehicles by hydrogen has been a dream for a long time, and many experimental models have been built. I once saw a hydrogen-powered BMW. Of course, it didn't make its own hydrogen, and the hydrogen canisters took the entire trunk space. Obviously, making hydrogen by burning gasoline in a combustion engine doesn't make any sense, but using some cheap energy source, like nuclear or solar perhaps does. Haven't heard much of hydrogen power cars recently - probably because of the rapid progress in rechargeable batteries that made electric cars more practical.

Attached some pics 1: electolyzer
2 Connexion to air intake
3 water tank
I believe it is necessary to add soda or salt to have correct electrolysis

It was powered directly from battery with a fuse I removed

AF1QipP39V_JnMSDbbHVo7UcBqbmiLXMUkoKmOdN13C2
JKeczg_azkiB4L1xY8Sraj6kaynDgBpjG3gkvo1q3OsZlDQr3Qon1nOuQ0C42aN_YUAE3M8ktm5jsgceWE5-7j08a1tv1XdRWZt3iPWTaiJ8Dc0vbwoNK0va9sBfa6H-Y8g4S2OHZdeMa_apyrsVh7wT7W0eEvV6FrSdUqSWJ9Su1UWFbgjxCK2yaEwAYjLglLKYMHMfHLueEZhe7vohsQxAhFsYuWJBTHFAkdJWfxIVrR65LkSts4JPxMVLgW8fAmuRs_fC-F9DSf6-Iky7kpFOMsPBQIDnMbGMKQQ6ohs0K9HV5J12q6dW5lJeYfl4u-u6uwh0Av8FpHyW-ToSK23S5uB1YDhHRSbXOCuL1-IkghaC2GQlnOZ0Kug2QG6GVJUtoXwMZNTSyaF8d0B-Kj6KtJkCr1lOVySWHChaQLGeZysg4pRDMQcjE-7YlGqxFSlMHToIA9d6MW3w2UILTKQZlYA8mhXiTqhTI4awyvtIlsRzrYYrWy6qqw-EcDCaw5lmZiokTyMeG4Oaal8NYty4ErGbGC0eimn7ZkEDtMZCX7mleieih_S4choqFMqrB79ZImYI_348z2cTK4RAGE5xOMh0NXsmHN1kXRpgrXG0qON_1ZUSOedjtILECtOeY7ZW0GTr7qmfLbFom-K-M37D9RvJ_zWnvDQ=w863-h647-no

eWkuXuCVar6LeVhJshZ5GQdNUg_TABuwbrUfNtWYwpvu3wR-bRjAn30c0JDhNudzi3HoxbN43zRaQcHZDeU34p0sTd1v6zQFNx8qSp5CuGVIJlcAN_err8EkFaoICiYsL_tnrKylSYBgR0PeoHdpzrIgHjXbiZuhjVTEZDo1sunUk29OYQY6aM-OIyvtzBfwfiW83c0qS-rM1L5lnyUO7mqn39yub-mXzIsapM23WYPMad-HkuNfQgHsll7dXtC7vW9PZY2KfSjGJ2LV1aXejAejZZ9aRQiqMRrSXrULHixm61osyjLQrxyMLZNN0tVdOGmIr_hbIfdNxfl1k9kKn3V6YfVe5HXsBI-fuZ0BOyqXg16qVfBc82UI0Hl36ukXX-MlM4dffXZCN-QjhZaa-aVrd6_us0-ny0Raut0uegBzumxGHpmGXsRSuWNfGwoRsLdVWjvX03vnaiqV-n312VQMPf6YDngiAGTOm9bE8gGMX8ZyQe8MUhXpUJUtdwYDZtj2l22FQzZeOPFEYAP6iYB4RxTOWOlEfQZhnqa-5AX-AdK9_egGdYnTgqQieMvsu5u663SUlljveaSPsphgp9wuhm8068qtPoh1d7SJIHqFpDCFokISMHI81EOaDGZvu41NmTgf7ygN89uh1Ru-i4psVGtgsjHW4lg=w863-h647-no

c7u2BaH3aZ7U3QpfMsni3Mdws17QPH-Mf_ipgaXgLBn9AyX98zpIbQu5zcQzUxXKZuxLpta8ExjxtLp2L-VcLTniwEfPHNfs82mOsPPNCOyBTjeCy2U10qvm166MbAndJHHwWPsf_L2dMOpBJ-9rjYK0RxFwEKvZ_qeRPm_yKp7O37YbrRxoRjLajRfm12sSAkJDoqYfHpd9ovvzMCavCSzwSgux_zIkb87GO6XXmQwgmOq2b8hxmCga0a-bd-MoOMWs1KhDy2RD9e_BhTFlQxjrhL5xhSL74diricbsTjyPTBsXLkuCxSFGJCO9hd08slRYTiShL_6orVrt_UBBfAA1UVzXkO0pc8YNdZCb-3aCr8cgMXEnAkRKUYlORcQknmaAbptae1oVWnmZ_6td1S4LZRIbNZoJzKK1p0YNVxUhlkL6CLvaNNsmTwRKRNrYcy1_HNJz7xt0kOawfs8bjSGbUCBUDOiVJF7irEjP_WA0_3CxQZehFHKWYGZA8fT5JNrxRgLOVMqoJlRAkHLGKoCMUTn1r1GsI2vMPHFbq_z0qgIGwGSE8i1gf3gp5qsVtjmA9tb8fw6dmH63_AetH8KsC-fIOYe3g7C6gqXMnZRhAq-kHmUPD58neKqfSsOrlvyGnaJnTNxfWJ6kFmkeHQ0gLspvDApzSAM=w863-h647-no

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back