Does 2005 Ranger passenger door activate dome light | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Does 2005 Ranger passenger door activate dome light

kturnerga

Reaction score
City, State
GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 Ranger XLT 4.0 Ext cab
Hello
I bought a 2005 Ranger and found out that the passenger door's opening will not turn on the dome light. Is that by design or is there a door switch that won't work.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would look at the plunger switch, maybe it's stuck in.

RangerX is right, but it's also possible the wires in the door hinge are worn out.

I did find the plunger switch but it seems the thing was disconnected from the power lead for some reason. I did notice the vapor barrier came off rather easily.

I plugged the lead back in and the light acted funny. Now I get to deal with the connector rods and try to put them together again once I order the plunger switch.

Replaced pin switch and solved the original issue. Original in that I can't get the door to open or key unlock from the outside. If I'm inside I can open it. I may need to start a new thread but I can't find a good diagram for the 2004-on Ranger's passenger door. I also wonder why I can't find a replacement plastic tip for one of the rods. The metal body on the exterior door latch rod goes through a plastic barbed fastener. The barbs broke on my plastic piece so it falls out.

Back