My Explorer build. | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My Explorer build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice I don't know much about the v8's but from my understanding most of them came 3.55 I wished I would have lucked out like that and got one with 4.10's with my v6
They do come in other ratios, but every V8 AWD I have ever looked at(which is MANY) have had D4 axles.

I think the D30 would hold up to the V8 just fine as long as you drive smart. But, it'd also be plenty capable on 33s with the 4406.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well I just got this today.
Fuel Pump.jpg

Hopefully This will go in REALLY Soon so I can hear how well she runs. Will post as it is installed.

Well look who I got running on her own power.
IMG_20170922_190126499.jpg

Replaced the fuel pump and put tank back into EX. Before totally in I turned the key and heard no pump. Was supper bummed. So I just turned her over first try nothing 2nd try she fired right up. So super excited. Now to get insurance, registration and better tires then on her and go running around. Next major project for her will be replacing transfer case. Happy she is able to now move on her own.

Well I replaced front bumper and grill. Put drivers door panel on took passenger side step off and put my daughters rims and tires on for now. Till winter is done. Here are some before and after pictures.

FB_IMG_1508014937811.jpg
FB_IMG_1508014897928.jpg

FB_IMG_1508014922936.jpg

FB_IMG_1508014915831.jpg

FB_IMG_1508014932527.jpg

FB_IMG_1508014907412.jpg

FB_IMG_1508014926493.jpg

Like Johnny Cash said - "One Piece at a Time..."

Good stuff!

Great stuff so far. My first Explorer was a 96 4.0OHV in that same dark grey color. Making me pretty nostalgic!

Ok I'm confused lol. I drove my truck tonight went thru a drive thru and was gonna turn my lights to park and the head lights did not turn off. I then tried to turn them off and nothing still. Got home turned truck off and turned light switch off and lights were still on. I came in the house got tools and flash light to disconnect battery. Turned out to the garage and the lights blinked off. So my question does my ex have auto lights? If so where is the sensor at? Thanks all.

By the way she drove like a dream. Cant wait to get her lifted and 33s on her and get the real transfer case in her.

Check your mirror. Some have auto lights on a sliding bar on the bottom. Does your mirror have a 'night/day' lever?

Yes it does! :) I thought that was for the Lights coming into the truck so that I would not get blind. :) Now I know the rest of the story. Thank you @Mbrooks420 I was a little nervous at first. But figured something was like that. I got my self a pretty Fancy Explorer :) LOL

My Mountaineer has that too, kind of annoying if you ask me.

If you slide it all the way to the left it'll disable the feature and they will work off the switch as normal.

If you slide it all the way to the left it'll disable the feature and they will work off the switch as normal.

That is what I did tonight while driving. I'm very happy with my ex. She has all the bells and whistles these came with accept the air ride suspension or memory seats other then th st she is loaded. Super happy with my $250 find. Also the A.C. runs great.

I'd say you got a super deal. I'd buy it every time.

You got it for $250!!! Dang! it's worth that just in scrap metal.

Yes it is. I've put into her $63 for fuel pump, $40 for different rims, $20, for new bumper, and 2 not messed up fenders. So buying ex for $250 plus all this and everything works including, A.C., CD changer and all electronics can not complain at all. Really love my explorer. She will be taller and better soon. Can't wait for her getting bigger and being a true 4x4.

Well since I got fuel pump fixed engine light is still on. Went to Advanced auto got their little puter and came up with code P0340 and P1000. I have researched that P0340 is a Camshaft Position sensor. My question is this. Is it possible that it is just dirty and needs to be cleaned. She just turned over 136,000 miles and is running great. No Sputtering or anything like that. Just wondering if cleaning it will help and get rid of the Engine light.

Thanks everyone.

All that is , is a hall effect sensor with a vane that turns via gear to cam shaft there is a magnetic pick up that could be cleaned I suppose but depending how hard it is to get to ( probably the hardest sensor to get to on my 4.0) you would be probably better off to replace it sometimes the magnet comes apart. What was the other code?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back