Why are so many Adrenalins from Canada? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Why are so many Adrenalins from Canada?

browntom

Reaction score
City, State
Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Sport Trac Adrenalin
I know this question has been asked before, but I don't think there ever was a conclusive answer in that previous post. I've been searching for a good quality '09-'10 V8 Sport Trac Adrenalin for a little while now, and it seems that nearly every one I come across was originally built for and registered in Canada and just recently (within the last year or two) imported to the US, whereupon it was sold at an auction. I'm just getting this info from the available Carfax and Autocheck history or original window sticker that each dealer provides, but it's remarkably consistent. No, not every STA was made for the Canada market, but in my search, a seemingly disproportionate percentage of the V8 STA trucks were, until recently, Canadian. Like, something like 80% or more of the ones I've looked at. Hell, I rarely even see one for sale south of the Mason-Dixon line.

Anyone have any insight into that at all? Is it just a weird coincidence? Maybe a relatively simple explanation, like "US owners hold onto their trucks, while the Canadian Sport Tracs are reaching an age where snow and salt are starting to take a toll, so those owners are getting rid of them, and there's a better market for them stateside." Or perhaps, "Canadians only drive their trucks in the winter, keeping the mileage down, and those are the only ones that show up in your low-mileage-filtered search." I don't know.

Anyway, just due to the scarcity and my rather urgent need to buy something (lease end approaching), I've picked up a pretty nice 2010 V8 STA with low miles. It's in great shape up top and under the hood, but it's predictably rusty in spots underneath.

Anyway, I just thought I'd see if anyone could shed some light on that at all.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just a guess, but the Canadian dollar was about 1.10 US when these things were being made, and oil was around 100 dollars a barrel, and the US was in the middle of the sub prime crash at the time. Full pockets up here back then, SUV's were going like hot cakes.

AmPUqcj.png

I was at the local Ford dealer recently with my brother who was looking at used Escapes. We were in my '07 Sport Trac Limited. When a salesman approached us the first thing out of his mouth was "Are you looking to trade your Sport Trac? Those things are like gold right now, especially the V8s. Everybody wants one."

That may also explain why so many Canadian trucks are showing up here. Demand is up.

Mine was originally sold in Canada. They aren’t getting it back! Although I have considered selling it lol.

6E30D481-204B-4AAD-BDE9-AF76277B5CDF.jpeg

I know this question has been asked before, but I don't think there ever was a conclusive answer in that previous post. I've been searching for a good quality '09-'10 V8 Sport Trac Adrenalin for a little while now, and it seems that nearly every one I come across was originally built for and registered in Canada and just recently (within the last year or two) imported to the US, whereupon it was sold at an auction. I'm just getting this info from the available Carfax and Autocheck history or original window sticker that each dealer provides, but it's remarkably consistent. No, not every STA was made for the Canada market, but in my search, a seemingly disproportionate percentage of the V8 STA trucks were, until recently, Canadian. Like, something like 80% or more of the ones I've looked at. Hell, I rarely even see one for sale south of the Mason-Dixon line.

Anyone have any insight into that at all? Is it just a weird coincidence? Maybe a relatively simple explanation, like "US owners hold onto their trucks, while the Canadian Sport Tracs are reaching an age where snow and salt are starting to take a toll, so those owners are getting rid of them, and there's a better market for them stateside." Or perhaps, "Canadians only drive their trucks in the winter, keeping the mileage down, and those are the only ones that show up in your low-mileage-filtered search." I don't know.

Anyway, just due to the scarcity and my rather urgent need to buy something (lease end approaching), I've picked up a pretty nice 2010 V8 STA with low miles. It's in great shape up top and under the hood, but it's predictably rusty in spots underneath.

Anyway, I just thought I'd see if anyone could shed some light on that at all.
Hi Im from central Canada, and to answer the question about rust....it has been known for a long time that buying a vehicle from the eastern provinces in Canada are plagued with rust as they use lots of salt on their highways in the winter months. It is better to buy one from Manitoba to British Columbia.

Back