Fuse box inside passenger compartment? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Fuse box inside passenger compartment?

bitkahuna

Reaction score
City, State
FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'06 Limited
Ok, I'm losin' it - WHERE IS IT?

The manual says it's 'under the driver's instrument panel' or something like that - well I've looked down where the pedals are - can't find it!

Help!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

should be under the driver side, look under your left foot. theres a cover that you need to remove first.

Thanks but I still don't see it.

I looked under the carpet and all I see if a styrofoam block foot rest. The light colored plastic panel to the left of the park brake pedal doesn't appear to be easily removed.

oops, i didnt mean look under, i meant look above. it should be under the steering wheel. sorry.

Still don't see it!!!! I feel pretty dumb! :( Do I have to take the screws out in the bottom of the U shaped thing around the steering column?

Try taking that panel under the steering wheel off, it could be under that.

look a little further inside. you shouldnt have to remove any panels to get to it. but there is a cover for the fuse panel itself.

Someone PM'ed me over that about 4 months ago. You have to get your head all the way up there with a flashlight. You don't have to remove anything. Its all the way back there on the door side.

Someone PM'ed me over that about 4 months ago. You have to get your head all the way up there with a flashlight. You don't have to remove anything. Its all the way back there on the door side.

Thanks. Earlier I did see a small narrow black box up high on the left above the parking brake but couldn't figure out how to get the cover off. I'll go try again. Guess I have to be on my back with my head in the footwell! Could they make it any more frigging difficult. :mad:

OK,finally got it. Thanks wharriso for pointing me back to where I'd looked earlier. That long black rectangular box above the park brake pedal is indeed the fuse box.

To remove the cover, stick your finger to the tab at the far end and pop it down. To put back, the near end of the cover has two protrusions which go into holes on the near end and then just push the cover back on until the far tab snaps into place to hold the cover.

I have looked everywhere... I cannot find the fuse box in the passenger compartment of my 2013 Explorer. Is there a visual somewhere?

You'll have better luck with that question in the 2011+ Explorer section of the forums...

I have looked everywhere... I cannot find the fuse box in the passenger compartment of my 2013 Explorer. Is there a visual somewhere?

According to the link [MENTION=106710]swshawaii[/MENTION] posted, its in the same place as the gen 4's...

Passenger Compartment Fuse Panel
The fuse panel is located below and to the left of the steering wheel by
the brake pedal. Remove the panel cover to access the fuses.
To remove a fuse use the fuse puller tool provided on the fuse panel
cover.

Hello can anyone help me please and tell me which one is the park lamp relay on 2006 ford explorer? There are 4 under the dash board and the owner manual says it is supposed to be # 3 but how do i tell which one is # 3? My park lights and tail lights won't work. Please help

there should be a treasure map on the cover that corresponds with the locations.... I threw my cover away so I cant look to back up what I think I remember ..... easy way is if they are all the same, is to play relay musical chairs with one you know is good

Hello Need help. My 2006 ford explorer won't start. No dash lights, no crank nothing. I put the key in and nothing. Everything else is good. I am going crazy. Please help

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hello Need help. My 2006 ford explorer won't start. No dash lights, no crank nothing. I put the key in and nothing. Everything else is good. I am going crazy. Please help

well obviously something isnt good if it wont start. Is it attempting to do anything at all when you turn the key? What does this have to do with the OP's post?

Back