Rear Cargo Security Shade | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rear Cargo Security Shade

Yup, with or without 3rd row, the cargo shade can be used with the 3rd row folded down. As long as you have the 2 square indents right behind the 2nd row and the hook like indents in the D pillars, it'll fit. My father has 06 V8 with manual 3rd row which he never uses and always has the cargo cover open. The 3rd row seatbelts get in the way of retracting it but that's a very minor complaint. His came with the truck when he bought it in 08.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Tan cargo cover still available?

Don't know if it will fit but I have a like new tan cargo cover. For '98 explorer. If you think it will work post back and we can work out a deal.

Hi there, I am looking for a tan cargo cover for a 2001 explorer. Are you still looking to depart with yours?

I found the best place to buy the cargo shade was at the dealer. I paid about $115 for mine and got it in about a week.

Also, I think all of the generations cargo shades are different. Don't think they're compatible. But I've only owned a 1st gen and a 4th gen, so I could be wrong.

The 3rd Gen will fit on the 4th gen. I used the one from my 04 on my 08 with third row seating (which I leave folded down). Try a bone yard.

I have a 2010 with a 3rd row that lives down. Any pointers on a black shade other than a junkyard? I don’t mind paying I just can’t find one.

Just buy a new one from a Ford Dealership. I think they are about $100.

I have a 2010 with a 3rd row that lives down. Any pointers on a black shade other than a junkyard? I don’t mind paying I just can’t find one.
Just buy a new one from a Ford Dealership. I think they are about $100.
do they have them? I can’t find them on fords accessory website

If I remember correctly they aren't considered an accessory. Ford has them listed in the regular part catalog. Somewhere I found the part number for the camel colored one, gave it to my friend at a dealership with payment, and she dropped it off for me.

If I remember correctly they aren't considered an accessory. Ford has them listed in the regular part catalog. Somewhere I found the part number for the camel colored one, gave it to my friend at a dealership with payment, and she dropped it off for me.
Ok thank you! That might be why I didn’t see it.

9L2Z-7845440-AB is allegedly the part number for Black. Same number ending in AA is tan/Camel

9L2Z-7845440-AB is allegedly the part number for Black. Same number ending in AA is tan/Camel
Yep :) thank you everyone. My local ford dealer has one on the way. 14 left apperently in Black

how much did it cost you?

thats a bit pricey. Did you try looking at a local salvage yard first?

thats a bit pricey. Did you try looking at a local salvage yard first?
I don't mind paying for a nice one to be honest. On Ebay used ones were going for $110 with shipping. That wasn't worth it. The local salvage yards like to leave stuff out in the elements that shouldn't be by not removing anything and taking all the glass out of their vehicles leaving interior panels exposed to the harsh Colorado elements. If it isn't under the hood I don't buy stuff from them because they don't protect the insides of the vehicles.

I have a tan one that looks brand new. It was in my wife's '06 when we had it but I think it came out of a 3rd gen. I got it off someone on the board a while back. I have tested it in a 2nd Gen too and it fit.

PM me if anyone is interested, I have no use for it.

I have two first gen covers, with no use for either. One is in near perfect condition, the other fair. Free for pickup

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have two first gen covers, with no use for either. One is in near perfect condition, the other fair. Free for pickup

Color? Tan I take it. I'd saga gray if I found one.

Back