Keep on wheelin John Rock
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
York, Pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 Explorer
Welcome to a new year! For 2018 (2018 only) there will be TWO winners each month for the EF Lottery!! That's right, double the free elite memberships to the EF!

We are going to start off simple.

For the month of January, the theme will be GIFTS. For this month, post media, or a written story, of gifts you have received, or got yourself, for your rig(s).

Ending and drawing date will be on or about Jan 28th, 2018.

Goal: To encourage members of the Explorer Forum to submit a photo and/or vid, or written story in accordance with the theme and award two members with an one year elite membership.

Only one submission to be entered into the drawing per member. Submission can contain multiable pics and or video(s) and/or links to pics/vids.
Members are encouraged to post positive feedback

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This sticker was a gift. Almost everybody calls my Bronco ii a Jeep.

IMG_20180104_160313.jpg

(Not for consideration)

I received a number of EF items over the years from past meets. The latest, was a nice lined hoodie. Thanks Rick!!

The one thing that has been gifted to me the most, (and often), is the friendships made, from fellow members here. I can't take a picture of that right now, but some moments are captured, and shown on many threads here. :)

Also, this diff cover was a gift. Or a prize of some sort? I think the cover was a prize give away from the forum and the powder coating was a gift.

WP_20170418_17_25_28_Pro.jpg

(Not for consideration)

There comes a time when you realize your wants surpass your skills and capabilities. With that being said the Explorer has gone away for some rehab. I loaded the back of my F150 with 40" mtrs and totes full of parts I had gathered up, including these Fox 2.0 coilovers. Then came the task of loading the Explorer on my trailer along with the 78/79 D60 and 93 10.25 I had been putting together in my garage. Simple tasks that become a chore in single digit temps. The next morning the wife and I took a 6 hr round trip adventure to drop the rig off for a consultation and extended stay at an offroad fab shop. I had met and wheeled with the owner on several occasions and he has a slight adoration for the hunk of junk. Hopefully in the next couple months I will be posting pics of the finished product. Several advancements and surprises are planned.

I have some of you on here to blame for me spending so much money.

20171219_182234.jpg
received_1775584999127672.jpeg

this is going back a few years, but i was presented with "the most miles travelled" award from the northeast coast group. the award was a mini evil.

251104_10150212415762513_289760_n.jpg

251164_10150212415622513_8285925_n.jpg

270048_10150243591447513_528550_n.jpg

I'm sorry I don't have a picture, unless you want a picture of the switch... the gift to myself was a retrofit seat heater. They are easier than you might think to install, and since the first gen is slow to heat up, it's a very welcome addition.

Well this Christmas was very good to me! Got an upper and lower billet grille and some light bar brackets! Cant forget about all the Chemical Guys stuff I got as well

20180109_160025.jpg

Hi all, this is my first post since less than 2 weeks ago, my wife and I got ourselves a almost brand new 2017 Ford Explorer Sport! (talk about a nice Christmas gift). Well the explorer is mostly a gift to my wife's rig, even though I enjoy driving it too! Along with that I also got her new mudflaps (still need to install them), center console insert, Maxliner floor liners, rear bumper protector(has yet to arrive), touch up paint (to repair some minor scratches), and a set of car care products...to keep the car looking shiny! (especially after trips on dirt roads...which we had the pleasure to do this weekend). So far we are loving our new explorer and the explorer forum!

IMG_7258.JPG

IMG_7223.JPG

Last November I installed some new headlamp housings to celebrate the day we brought her home from the dealership. She's dirty in this picture but with the transmission broken I'm not motivated to wash a car that can't be driven.
Explorer's new headlamps

Screenshot This was going to be a Gift to my daily driver I was thinking it was going to be a good parts rig. Bought it sight unseen ( well other than a couple picts) at an auction online. I new from picts it was a 5 speed with manual transfercase (score the upgrade I was looking for) . Turns out this thing is mint. Interior is a little dirty but NO wear. the rubber pads on the pedals are like new. Odometer says 64K it is only a 5 digit Odometer but I think it might actually be only 64K - Just drove it home tonight runs perfect, zero rust, And no wind noiice "weather stripping is in good order. Think this will be new DD. I am as happy as a clam with it Got it for $712.29 with sales tax DMV and auction fees.

My explorer was gifted to me from my parents. The transmission was bad so I bought a used jasper and had a ford mechanic replace it at his home garage. After that I did all the maintenance and repairs myself. Naturally that lead me to the explorerforum.com where I was influenced non stop by some bada** builds to modify this vehicle.

11 years ago
ryan the explorer1.JPG

Today
20171126_122828.jpg

Last year I got my first car for Christmas.. a 1999 X Limited AWD 5.0L 302. Beautiful car with only 77k on it, from Florida, and has been in a garage all its life... so far I have put E3 plus, Taylor High performance wires, K&N air intake, and a throttle cable mod to it. Well this year I finally got probably the best beginner mod ever. A set of General Grabber AT2 all terrains, and man are they amazing. So far with a stock clearance and stock AWD, I have gone through over a foot of snow without a problem. Even past 110mph these tires are absolutely perfect.

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Almost a year ago now I was given my Explorer from my sister. The transmission had gone bad and she decided she would rather get a new car instead. Though is was my Uncles before it was my sisters, and funny enough, it was bought by my Uncle because I was born, as he had a Ranger before, and needed more room.. for me.

I've done quite a lot to it, painting (plan to re-do & paint trim a different color), brush guard, roof basket, lights & CB (I work on a ranch).

20180112_074428.jpg

074507_censored.jpg

Got this 52" light bar from the "M.I.L." Love it, but a little consult with me first would've saved me a migraine trying to find brackets.

IMG_20180104_051211153.jpg

About one week til the drawing, got great submissions!
Reminder: for information on a members build, please use the build thread or pm's.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My explorer was gifted to me from my parents. The transmission was bad so I bought a used jasper and had a ford mechanic replace it at his home garage. After that I did all the maintenance and repairs myself. Naturally that lead me to the explorerforum.com where I was influenced non stop by some bada** builds to modify this vehicle.

11 years ago
View attachment 153918

Today
View attachment 153919

Holy crap Ryan! no beard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back