Stock rims | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Stock rims

TheBeaves26

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Ford Explorer Sport
I have a 2001 ford explorer sport. It was in a accident. I need the passenger front wheel. Cheap. Dont know where to get one i only need one

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Stock. And buddy told me they wont break a set of four rims. I only need the one...

Stock... what size 15"? 16"? What style? Can you post a photo? For a stock wheel I don't see why they wouldn't sell just 1. I'm sure you can find someone selling just one on eBay or from RockAuto.

Like this one?
s-l500.jpg

If you don't care how it looks, a steel wheel is much cheaper option
s-l1600.jpg

No offense to your buddy but I would ignore him and call a salvage yard. Explorers in yards are a dime a dozen and they might have no problem breaking up a set of 4 to make a sale if they have plenty of them lying around.

Stock. And buddy told me they wont break a set of four rims. I only need the one...

ah,, most wrecked cars already have at least 1 damaged wheel. they only maintain sets of 4 if the wheels are something special.

Craigslist...

I got the ones off ebay. It was cheaper then getting to salvage yard.

^ You must have a long distance to travel or overpriced salvage yards. Here, a 15" aluminum wheel is $20 + $15 core charge.

That link above, almost looks too good for a wheel that old in Fort Wayne, IN. I wonder if it's been refinished and/or clear coated. If refinished but not clear coated, it's going to look bad after some weathering, but if they did the refinishing for you, that's not bad, it's up to you to *paint* it.

Local junkyards, or consider buying cheap steelies.

I believe the used 10-slot alloy wheel the OP bought off eBay was $32 with free shipping and the condition pretty much matched his other wheels. You really can't beat that price unless someone gives you one for free.

I believe the used 10-slot alloy wheel the OP bought off eBay was $32 with free shipping and the condition pretty much matched his other wheels. You really can't beat that price unless someone gives you one for free.

Free shipping? I see $43.58...?

Still, there's something to be said for having it delivered to your door, especially if there are no salvage yards near where you live.

That's true. For me, I can get things cheap at a pick-a-part yard, but factoring in a 160 miles round trip makes me look around locally or on eBay...

That's true. For me, I can get things cheap at a pick-a-part yard, but factoring in a 160 miles round trip makes me look around locally or on eBay...

Yeah, unfortunately for me I don't have any salvage yards near where I live now. I used to live 15 mins from several pull-a-parts and I sure miss that. I was there at least once a week, even when I wasn't looking for anything in particular. I've bought some stuff from forum members (I think I even bought something from you once), but sometimes eBay or my local craigslist is the only source I have.

Back