• Register Today It's free!

1994 FORD EXPLORER HEATER PROBLEM

Terence42312235

Reaction score
City, State
Mobile al
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 ford explorer
You guys I really med help. Recently my ford heater stopped working. I have a brand new radiator , upper radiator hose, and thermostat what else could be the problem??????? I have a child and really need this fixed.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Clogged heater core? It's behind the glove box. Or maybe the WOT heater valve is stuck closed. It's the device thing with 2 hoses in & out that are next to the blower motor on the firewall. It will have a vacuum line attached to it. Google it you'll find the details. Both are easy DIY's

Clogged heater core? It's behind the glove box. Or maybe the WOT heater valve is stuck closed. It's the device thing with 2 hoses in & out that are next to the blower motor on the firewall. It will have a vacuum line attached to it. Google it you'll find the details. Both are easy DIY's[/QUOTE. Thanks I really appreciate it.

If you have one, it's going to be where the heater hoses go into the firewall from the engine side, it's black plastic, H-shaped, and hoses go from the engine to it, and then on heater core. So, you could begin by simply running the engine to warm, with the heater on, and see if the hoses from the valve to the core are hot. If they are not, then the valve is bypassing the heater core, and just looping back to the engine. To open it, if you can get to the underside of the valve, there is a vacuum dashpot and lever, and you would simply move the lever.

You may or may not have this valve. There are explorers that came from the factory without it, and then there was a TSB to install the valve because of poor AC performance. If you have it, you will see it right away... it's right there on top if you have it.

did the heat work before this work was done? Like was it just done? becuase if the answer is yes to both of those its probably related. like somebody put the thermostat in backwards or there's air in the system

Back