Truck Haven MLK 2018 | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truck Haven MLK 2018

Yep, those passengers total about 220 pounds. Needed more, got the door.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I drove out S-22 on the way home and continued to marvel at the terrain out there. Beautiful part of the state.

I wanted to wait till everyone got home till I posted this up.

This trip was one of the greatest trips I've ever had. Sure we didn't wheel that much, but just the feeling around the campfire as we all remembered members that have come and gone, and ones we have lost forever. How we have all grown but somethings have not changed so much. We may only see each other once or twice a year, and for some even much less then that, but one thing remains the same. We're family, and that's what it really comes down to. On the trail we are always there to help each other out and no ones gets left behind. I believe you'll all agree each one of us feels the same in the trail of life.

So to everyone of you, and even those who could not be there, but we're there in spirit. Thank you.

To my familia:chug:

Made it home. Lots of construction, several big rigs loads dumped on I-5 slowing things down.. but Isabella and me are home safe and sound. Poor pup is exhausted.

The desert always has the best sunsets...

full&d=1516091958.jpg

I'm home and exhausted. I had a great time this weekend with a great group of friends. It was very relaxing at camp and on the trail.

This was my first time on the trail since last January:eek: How the heck did that happen? It had been so long that some of the things that used to be second nature, are now on my RTFM list. Specifically, I couldn't remember how to make some adjustments on my ham radio LOL.

On Friday I sprung a leak on one of my hydraulic ram assist hoses which put an end to my wheeling for the day. I used up a quart of PS fluid from the time I first noticed the squealing to the time I made it back to camp. A big thanks to JW for giving me a ride into Indio to have new hose made by www.deserthoseandsupply.com. They were very helpful, and if you need hydraulic hoses, and are in the area, I can definitely recommend them.

Some of us were talking about getting back out to Truck Haven again before the heat comes. If I can make the timing work, I would definitely be interested.

Steve, your post gave me goosebumps. It was very well said, and I agree, we have become family.

No worries, brother. All part of the adventure. Thanks for letting me ride along. And we did find a killer Mexican place in Indio, too.

And thanks to everyone for (again) answering a ton of questions.

I agree Steve. I didn't even get to go on a trail run, and I had a great time because of the group of people.

I didn't get many photos of anything except my van.

C2I_3208 copy.jpg

C2I_3223 copy.jpg

C2I_3226 copy.jpg

C2I_3253 copy.jpg

Great shot of the Truck Haven sky:chug:

We are starting to get that way here in the PNW too.

Family!

In fact, the next outing on the Feb 3rd weekend is camping only with Rick M, Joe, Kevin, Dwight and me, We might talk Mike Smith into coming (hot Ranger guy).

Oh and I kind of felt like I was there with you guys even though I haven't met everyone!

We are starting to get that way here in the PNW too.

Family!

In fact, the next outing on the Feb 3rd weekend is camping only with Rick M, Joe, Kevin, Dwight and me, We might talk Mike Smith into coming (hot Ranger guy)

Best part is when we get together in Moab... It's like a giant family re-union :D

Really like that last picture by @FROADER of the night sky.

Saw a lot of Sun Rise and Sun Set out in the Gulf of Mexico working on various drilling or production platforms.

That was about the only thing nice out there....

And thanks to everyone for (again) answering a ton of questions.

Just remember I'm practicality down the street if you need anything.;)

I wanted to wait till everyone got home till I posted this up.

This trip was one of the greatest trips I've ever had. Sure we didn't wheel that much, but just the feeling around the campfire as we all remembered members that have come and gone, and ones we have lost forever. How we have all grown but somethings have not changed so much. We may only see each other once or twice a year, and for some even much less then that, but one thing remains the same. We're family, and that's what it really comes down to. On the trail we are always there to help each other out and no ones gets left behind. I believe you'll all agree each one of us feels the same in the trail of life.

So to everyone of you, and even those who could not be there, but we're there in spirit. Thank you.

To my familia:chug:

Definitely good people. I've been on trails with other groups, but no one is family like the way explorer forum is.

Really glad I was able to make it out there again.

I was driving home yesterday having already dumped the tanks in Borrego Springs and filled the water tank about half full, just in case. I decided to take the long way home and stopped for lunch at Yaqui Pass. Its the only place on that road to pull a RV off the highway. Its also a camping area, which was empty. I hung out there for about an hour, then said what the heck, and spent the night. Got home about noon.

The brakes on the RV are acting strange. The ABS light had come on, then cleared itself on the way out. On the way back, the brakes work fine except when moving slow. If moving slow, then brake harder, the ABS kicks on. I think its only doing it to one caliper since there is a right side pull. After I clean up the interior, I will park it and crawl around underneath to see what I can see.

I didn't take any pictures to post.

I had a great time. Not much trail driving, but great time with everyone. Steve is right, its family.

Tom, I am glad you got home safe with the Catahoula.

Sorry I missed you guys. TDS is in April, and it isn't hot out there yet... And they have fun prizes :)

Sorry I missed you guys. TDS is in April, and it isn't hot out there yet... And they have fun prizes :)

And that awesome Mexican Polka music playing until dawn.....:thumbsup:

I called Daystar about the missing shaft on the driver side bump. At first, the tech was searching to see if I could purchase the shaft and bump separately. While he was searching, I asked him how to keep them from coming apart, since they seem to loosen on their own. He mentioned they don't do that on their trucks. I mentioned I have seen numerous threads on-line about how they do just that. He then decided he could send me the missing parts under warranty. They are on the way.

Just because no one was playing an Irish jig all night, seriously!! Glad you set Daystar straight! Free is good.
BTW they did play some Pink Floyd!:p

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back