Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL '20 ST
Callsign
AB7FH
Memorial day falls late in 2018, so do we pick the weekend before Memorial Day, or the weekend after?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Overland Expo West is in Flagstaff May 18-20 which I will be at so my vote would be Jun 1-3rd or later in June also works but then it starts to get hot.

I voted june 1-3 but i am open to whatever. I need to get my butt in gear and get my explorer ready if i want to go though. My wife and I are in Moab now just to visit and goof off. More or less celebrating my 40th birthday. We are in my wife's 2016 4runner so not getting too crazy. We played around a bit on baby lions back and did a little of Fins and Things. We had to turn around due to snow and ice on a drop that could have ended badly. Dont want to damage the wifeys baby. LOL

Date does not matter to me. It has been a good time the last 2 times.

I was hoping 2018 would be the year I could attend but it looks like its a no go.

Too many projects & other trips going on, to make it this year. I am planning for an extended trip to Moab in 2019.

Subscribing, not sure if I can make this.

Dont think this year is in the cards for me. Abby isn't all that happy right now and we are looking to upsize the family travel trailer.

I plan to be there. I am gathering parts slowly to get it so I can do the easy stuff. :)

Going to do my best to get there, won’t know for sure for a couple months anyway. I believe the black one can finally make a trip without breaking down. It’s first time in Moab breaking the steering, then it’s next trip in Black Mountain with the drivetrain getting pushed into the radiator, all getting very frustrating! I did fix up an 02 Sport recently, converted it to 4x4 with a manual shift tcase, that I’m sure would be trouble free but probably would only take it to ccr if we get to that.

I am going to be doing the standard, and live vicariously through all of you, and your picture / video updates of this meet. :popcorn:

Birdy, I hope to see you again at the CCR meet! :dpchug:

Just thought of something, daughters graduating this year (I hope) gotta check the date on that. Lot of family coming, not sure when they are coming or for how long. Could be a problem.

Going with a maybe. Red needs a lot of work (new tires, engine work, leaking axle seals, no a/c, etc) before he's Moab ready again.

I am a pain in the butt here, but due to work and trying to get some dates locked up I am hoping we get this nailed down soon. June 1-3 is looking like its the slow winner so far. That works with me. :)

June 1-3

As long as we can get campsites I also think this is the best choice. I will call Canyonlands tomorrow:chug:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Pretty sure I can make it this year, date does not matter to me as long as I know a couple weeks ahead. May will likely give us better weather than june though, right?

Maybe my X will even have some halfway decent suspension by then.
(Xterra that is, not explorer:laugh:)

Back