What vehicles will this radio fit? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What vehicles will this radio fit?

KlimFord

Reaction score
City, State
Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Eddie Bauer 210K
I bought a radio on ebay to replace the stock one in my 91 Eddie Bauer, not realizing mine has the JBL premium sound system. The unit I bought has an internal amp and two flat tab slots on the back so it won't work with my system and I'm going to resell it.

Thing is, I can't find serial numbers on the case, I think they are covered by a factory "Made in Brazil" checklist sticker. Written in black marker on the top of the case is "92 T-Bird" and there is also a sticker written 1991 Ford Explorer, so I don't know where it came from. I could scrape the sticker off if you think that's where the numbers would be and if they would help identify it.

I'm trying to find out which vehicles this particular DIN radio/cassette unit will fit. Which explorers? Mazdas? T-Birds? Broncos? Rangers? Is there an interchange chart for radios someone can point me to or can someone just tell me? Thanks.

radios-back-noJBL-600w.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

92 and 93 explorer from the back have to see front to tell you which one

Does someone rebuild the old OEM radios? I've got too CD players from 93 Limited's, both displayed the error message "BAD."

Dark Ford radio display - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Above looks the same. Believed found in Rangers, Mustangs and F150 era '89-92 possibly early 91-92 Explorers. You need to research further with fact that Ford continuously mixed rear connections for many years with radio looking the same on front panel without any real identifiers.

Dig on eBay for possible fitments. With above mentions, also maybe Thunderbirds, E150, E250, E350, Mustang...

Dark Ford radio display - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Above looks the same. Believed found in Rangers, Mustangs and F150 era '89-92 possibly early 91-92 Explorers. You need to research further with fact that Ford continuously mixed rear connections for many years with radio looking the same on front panel without any real identifiers.

Oh wow never seen those in all the explorers in junk yards I've scavenged

Back