No air in front. Air in back. Please help! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

No air in front. Air in back. Please help!

Edude15

Reaction score
City, State
Peoria, Illinois
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Ford Explorer XLT4X4
A few days ago the heater started making a weird noise then yesterday it stopped working in the front. The rear still gets air perfectly fine. Hot air kinda comes out of the front but it's not being pushed out. Also when I switch the fan power from 3 to 4 it sounds like a click but like an electrical click. Please help.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

A few days ago the heater started making a weird noise then yesterday it stopped working in the front. The rear still gets air perfectly fine. Hot air kinda comes out of the front but it's not being pushed out. Also when I switch the fan power from 3 to 4 it sounds like a click but like an electrical click. Please help.
Sounds like a fan motor went out to me. Not sure though.

Sounds like a fan motor went out to me. Not sure though.
I believe you are correct. Edude - there are two fans - one in the front and one in the back so the rear can continue blowing if the front fan fails.

Generally when a blend door goes the air is blowing but cool.
That was my thought too. The fact that *nothing* is coming out is telling me something else is wrong. Blend door issues create a wrong flow not no flow.

That popping could be the wire arcing if it came off. It could be as simple as reattaching that wire.

Blower motors fail - it's a fact of life. Also, since it has some access to the outside world then trash can accumulate. Critters can even build homes in them. I wish we had cabin filters.

Blower motors fail - it's a fact of life. Also, since it has some access to the outside world then trash can accumulate. Critters can even build homes in them. I wish we had cabin filters.
Yea I know. No idea why ford was the only manufacturer with no cabin filters in the late 2000s it seems

If you park them too long you get a Winnebago with squirrel etc. they love them...

Back