Super Coupe Engine (232-V6) in a 2000 Explorer ? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Super Coupe Engine (232-V6) in a 2000 Explorer ?

dna1776

Reaction score
City, State
Lake Tahoe, Nevada
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer PIU
Callsign
W3UFF
After years of muscle car restorations, I am pondering what do with a well preserved 2000 Explorer 4WD that needs a new motor. Have built dozens of Thunderbird SC powerplants for the club (SCCoA) and fellow owners...so I was deciding how to improve on this truck with what's already in the FoMoCo inventory.

I'm still digging through this site and maybe the answers are just ahead. If anyone has any experience to share, it would be great to chat. It doesn't look like the 4.0 liter Cologne engine has much in the way of muscle parts, and the 302-V8 (5.0 for you metric guys) is already widely used, so I am one to take the less traveled road....

This is my first post even though I created this a couple years back ....better late than never. ....FYI. been a Ford technican for over 30 yrs. Worked for numerous dealerships, independent shops and had my own operation for 11 years.

Cheers
Dave A

as you would know then, the pan, and exhaust manifold more then likely would be different. which trans would you plan on using as well? explorer or t bird one? i also dont think height would be a problem so it should tuck under the hood. you would also have to rework the induction system on it as well. not going to get into the electronics issues, because i am sure you know that will be its own wonderful hell to figure out. it would be cool to see it done however.

Back