Please identify the electrical connector under the dashboard. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Please identify the electrical connector under the dashboard.

NDUFFDA

Reaction score
City, State
Williston
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Ford Aerostar
I am looking for some pictures (with name) of the various connectors under the dash on my 1995 aerostar e4wd XLT 4.0. I have a huge mess of wires with not much idea of what they are to or from. :wave::dunno::confused2:

IMG_20171123_150507.jpg

IMG_20171123_150128.jpg

IMG_20171123_150245.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I purchased the car a year ago and dont remember the chimes ever sounding. trying to sort out what everything is so i can connect properly.

Check the fuse for the chime module.
Thank you BrooklynBay.None of the warning chimes work - fuse is ok, but I replaced it in case. Still don't work. Interior lights don't work either. This is why I'm trying to figure out what the connectors are - I did get wiring diagrams which I am puzzling my way through. It seemed simple before I got into it! Does the Brake on off switch affect the speedometer? Both went out about the same time. Thank you for your time.
Viki

Are you saying that the brake lights, interior lights, speedometer, warning chimes, and other things have no power going into them? Which fuse did you replace? You might have more than one fuse out or it's possible that you replaced the wrong fuse. Did you try to jump the the connection on the interior light with 12 volts to power up the circuit?

In the first picture, the module with the two green wires is the brake light switch. The second picture with the white module and yellow connector is the chime module, the three empty spots are supposed to be there. In the same picture the green wire with the reddish connector does not look like it belongs there, it is an aftermarket connector. In the third picture the module above the gas pedal is the windshield wiper control module.
I posted pics of my owners manuel with the fuse locations and what each fuse is for, if you click on my username and look through my posted messages you can see it, I don't know how to put a link in here for it.
I own the same year and model Aerostar so most things should be the same unless you options that I do not.
Brooklyn Bay has some Ford software but I don't know if he has wiring diagrams, my Chiltons manuel is of little help.
I hope this helps.

Did somebody connect the power for an alarm system to the chime module?
No idea. Could have since the previous owner was an electrician so probably had tools to protect. I'll check on it. Thanks !!

Back