Scanguage connector blocks parking brake release | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Scanguage connector blocks parking brake release

Larryjb

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Ford Explorer
I see a number of you have connected a Scanguage to your 2006-10 Explorers. On my 2008 Explorer, the scanguage OBD2 connector blocks the parking brake release handle when connected. How did you get around this? I do have to use the parking brake, so not using it is not an option.

Larry

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Even the 90 degree extension cable will block the pull of the e-brake handle. I just reach down and remove the connector, release the brake, then plug connector back in. Minor inconvenience.

I only use my park brake occasionally, to keep the system from freezing up. So I just unplug occasionally. I also keep my brake controller installed/mounted, right above this area, so it's quite "busy". Using that thin extension posted by Explorer PL would make things even more complicated, so not worth it to me. But if you use the park brake a lot, that's the ticket!

I have it plugged in but snaked it under and behind the head light switch, and that's where my blue tooth adapter is stored. No mess outside.

Back