• Register Today It's free!

Hub assembly

Blvdst

Reaction score
City, State
Deephaven, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 4X4 XLT 4.0
Do any of you have recomendations on front bearing/hub assembly for 05 4.0L 4x4? The orginals lasted 70,000+ miles. I picked up a pair from one of national parts chain that are starting to fail after less than 50,000 miles.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

SKF is the top of the line (better than OE or OE where they don’t make one.) Other than them, despite people’s opinions, get whatever’s cheapest.

Moog, Timkin etc do NOT make front hubs. They are outsourced.

SKF is the top of the line (better than OE or OE where they don’t make one.) Other than them, despite people’s opinions, get whatever’s cheapest.

Moog, Timkin etc do NOT make front hubs. They are outsourced.
Good info, thanks.

Do you know if they make a complete hub/knuckle assembly, like the Moog LK002?

I can’t find one in online searches, only the bare hub & bearing assembly.

For me, the Moog knuckle assembly type is the easiest for me to DIY.

Dom

I have always used Timken bearings. Usually they are US or Canadian made and are used in my experience in aviation and are FAA certified on your older tapered bearing style. I stick with them, but they a lot of good bearing companies out there. I replaced all mine in my 2002 with them just because I know they are good quality. Years ago I bought bearings for a Cessna 172 Skyhawk and they had the same part number as one of my old cars, but with the FAA approval the same bearing was more than 10 dollars more!

Back