Reaction score
City, State
wolverhampton
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 explorer 4.0 auto
image.jpg
image.jpg
hi all, it's with regret I'm looking to part with my truck ☹️
Unfortunately it needs work and I no longer have the time money or space to get her right, but hopefully someone here could, or equally someone here could break it down and make use of loads of newish and uprated parts that I've fitted over the time I've had her,she's a 97 R plate 4.0 v6 in maroon with grey trim, full grey leather.

Parts added/replaced,

Both front upper control arms and bushings
Both front suspension dampers
Both front drop links
Front torsion bars jacked for 2" lift
Front discs(drilled and grooved mtec)
Front pads (ebc green stuff)
Front lower ball joints (one fitted one still in the boot)
Both front hubs replaced including abs sensors and wires

Rear suspension changed from air assist to Monroe load adjust coilovers
Rear shackles changed for custom made warrior shackle copies (2" lift)
Rear drop links/trail arms
Both rear discs/drum (mtec)
Rear pads (ebc green stuff)
Rear shoes and fitting spring kit oem

Towbar with trailer electrics (supplementary wiring in but not connected)

Custom side exit exhaust in stainless made to fit existing pipe work after the cats ( looks great sounds amazing)

Front 'A' bar in oversized tubing with sump guard bars customised with homemade bracketry to fit the explorer (was off a Nissan patrol)

Aluminium running boards

Bonnet edge bug guard

Rear roll out boot cover

Engine has had a bit of work as well,

New alternator
New plugs
Custom pipe work and air filter upgrade
Lots of little pipe work upgrades
Some body coloured plastics with carbon effect (hydro dipped)
New fan/auxiliary drive belt
All new intake gaskets upper and lower plus oil restrictor mod and upgraded front chain tensioner

Big off-road tyres in ok condition

Faults I know off,

Hole in petrol filler neck (needs replacing)
Rear door edges blistering
Rear door sill panels rotten (can get replacement panel sections to weld in )
Front anti roll bar mounts were replaced with custom made ones but one has come off and will need re welding in place
Interior needs a good clean
Steering wheel is quite worn
Handbrake doesn't hold for mot

But everything else works she drives and stops great , 4 wheel drive system works great just a shame I'm not able to fix her up and use her

I'm open to offers but please don't be silly as not letting it go for pennies, scrapman will give me £400 as already offered it me, but thought it might help out someone on here as I know parts are awkward to get or expensive to import, would need trailering away as front antirollbar mount not attached as stated and no mot or tax

Have quite a few pictures with the new parts being fitted or on the car if you want to see them ,
Please don't ask me for individual parts as I'm not breaking her unless I absolutely have too which won't be for a while

Cheers Jim

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

View attachment 93016 View attachment 93015 hi all, it's with regret I'm looking to part with my truck ☹️
Unfortunately it needs work and I no longer have the time money or space to get her right, but hopefully someone here could, or equally someone here could break it down and make use of loads of newish and uprated parts that I've fitted over the time I've had her,she's a 97 R plate 4.0 v6 in maroon with grey trim, full grey leather.

Parts added/replaced,

Both front upper control arms and bushings
Both front suspension dampers
Both front drop links
Front torsion bars jacked for 2" lift
Front discs(drilled and grooved mtec)
Front pads (ebc green stuff)
Front lower ball joints (one fitted one still in the boot)
Both front hubs replaced including abs sensors and wires

Rear suspension changed from air assist to Monroe load adjust coilovers
Rear shackles changed for custom made warrior shackle copies (2" lift)
Rear drop links/trail arms
Both rear discs/drum (mtec)
Rear pads (ebc green stuff)
Rear shoes and fitting spring kit oem

Towbar with trailer electrics (supplementary wiring in but not connected)

Custom side exit exhaust in stainless made to fit existing pipe work after the cats ( looks great sounds amazing)

Front 'A' bar in oversized tubing with sump guard bars customised with homemade bracketry to fit the explorer (was off a Nissan patrol)

Aluminium running boards

Bonnet edge bug guard

Rear roll out boot cover

Engine has had a bit of work as well,

New alternator
New plugs
Custom pipe work and air filter upgrade
Lots of little pipe work upgrades
Some body coloured plastics with carbon effect (hydro dipped)
New fan/auxiliary drive belt
All new intake gaskets upper and lower plus oil restrictor mod and upgraded front chain tensioner

Big off-road tyres in ok condition

Faults I know off,

Hole in petrol filler neck (needs replacing)
Rear door edges blistering
Rear door sill panels rotten (can get replacement panel sections to weld in )
Front anti roll bar mounts were replaced with custom made ones but one has come off and will need re welding in place
Interior needs a good clean
Steering wheel is quite worn
Handbrake doesn't hold for mot

But everything else works she drives and stops great , 4 wheel drive system works great just a shame I'm not able to fix her up and use her

I'm open to offers but please don't be silly as not letting it go for pennies, scrapman will give me £400 as already offered it me, but thought it might help out someone on here as I know parts are awkward to get or expensive to import, would need trailering away as front antirollbar mount not attached as stated and no mot or tax

Have quite a few pictures with the new parts being fitted or on the car if you want to see them ,
Please don't ask me for individual parts as I'm not breaking her unless I absolutely have too which won't be for a while

Cheers Jim

UPDATE,
I have decided it's time to break the truck down so if anyone needs parts feel free to message me with your needs,
Jim

Do you still have the front bull bar/brush guard?

Hi, yep still have the truck and all parts still on it

How much would you want for the guard shipped to Nebraska?

By any chance is it a single button fob? If you have 2 fobs for it, how much for the fobs with matching control unit?

Cheers

Si

Back