Adding power adjustable pedals to my '08 Ironman | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Adding power adjustable pedals to my '08 Ironman

ExplorerScooby

Reaction score
City, State
Sapulpa
Year, Model & Trim Level
'08 Explorer Ironman 4x4
Callsign
Scooby
I've looked over the site and I found one thread where someone installed them on an '02 Mountaineer. Since I have the 4th gen, I wasn't sure if it would be the same or not. I've found several from online salvage places but the one I talked to today tried to discourage me from doing it. Said it couldn't be done without A LOT of work. I just don't think it should be that hard. Has anyone do it to the 4th gen? If not could someone with power pedals take some pics of where they bolt on and what's associated with it? The guy said he would be happy to sell me the stuff but didn't want me trying to send it back because it won't work. I would think it's pretty much plug and play. I have the switch already. Just bought it on eBay. I haven't looked for the wiring but I can get that from the donor too. Any help would be appreciated. Just to vet myself. I'm mid 50s with plenty of wrenching experience. Pretty mechanically inclined. Just bought this Ironman to play with.

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I took my dash apart to install a new stereo and it's wired for the power pedal switch. I have the spot for it and the wiring was behind it. I'm thinking it's doable.

even if the wires were not there as long as the bolt holes and pedal cage line up its just a matter of using 2 relays and one
on-off-on momentary switch

I cant see it being more than a single linear actuator needing power

I started the removal process at the junkyard. Needed more tools to finish. The brake pedal is the hard part since the booster is attached to it. Way more effort than it was worth to me. And it's just another expensive part to have break.

Don't use 3rd gen hardware. They switched lots of things mid-year.

I started the removal process at the junkyard. Needed more tools to finish. The brake pedal is the hard part since the booster is attached to it. Way more effort than it was worth to me. And it's just another expensive part to have break.

Don't use 3rd gen hardware. They switched lots of things mid-year.

Hi, just wondering how it went. I just bought the the adjustable pedal assembly cage. It does not have the wires with it, so I couldn't compare first. I'm going into this blind. Is there anything else you need? Do I need a new booster? Did it bolt in? Was the wiring in the car already? So many questions. Any help would be appreciated.

Back