Wanted - Frame parts | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wanted Frame parts

Parts or services wanted

Sport100

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport Trac 4x4
( 2001 4x4 Sport Trac built 20/09/2000) up on blocks since January need the gusset and the reinforcer for the driver side. Gusset (1L5Z5031AA) is bolted the front box crossmember and frame bottom. Reinforcer (1L5Z5135AA is immediately in front of the gusset bolted to the rear cab crossmember and bottom of frame. They are behind fuel tank and hard to see. Any help would be appreciated want to get back on the road.....

IMG_5037.JPG

IMG_5043.JPG

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I got a 98 4 door explorer I can pull those off of if you know they'd fit?
And what were you wanting to pay for these?

Let me check the fit and I will get back to you, Thank You

Thank you but there is no fit frame different than 2001 Sport Trac. But to answer your ? I willing to pay well for good parts, just want get back on the road.

Are you saying they won't work? I know the frames are a little different between the explorers and sport Trac, just not sure if the pieces you need are different.

Sport Trac frame has a higher lift over the rear axle starting at the front leaf spring bracket so it has the reinforcer from the bottom of the frame to the rear cab crossmember. then the a second gusset from the bottom of the frame to the front box crossmember. They are fastened by bolts for easy service of the electrical harness , fuel lines, rear brake lines and the EGR system at the rear of the Trac. So you don't have the brackets on the explorer frame. Thank you

That's good to know, thanks for the info.

I found a sport Trac on Craigslist here. Might be worth giving em a call, cars don't rust around here.
2002 ford explorer sport trac 4x4

Thanks I have called wait and see if they call back left a message. I tried to talk to another person in that area but when I told him I was in Canada he just hung up. I guess our money is no good ha ha ha.

Thanks I have called wait and see if they call back left a message. I tried to talk to another person in that area but when I told him I was in Canada he just hung up. I guess our money is no good ha ha ha.

I have an 02 sport my wife wrecked a few weeks ago I can check and see if it's any good on it and ship it out.

Would appreciate that I am willing to pay let me now send me a email sassy3@ me.com Thank you Rod

Had no replies yet and travelled to pick up parts I found on internet but when I got there they were worst than mine a big waste of time and a great let down. Still looking will give it another few weeks if parts can't be found will scrap the old girl.
Here are the actual pics of the 2 parts I need they are from the drivers side 2001 Sport Trac 4x4 built 20/09/2000. They are located on the frame at the front leaf spring bracket, bolted on, reinforcement bracket fastens to the rear cab crossmember and the gusset right next to it fastened to the front cargo box crossmember.

Back