View current gear while in automatic mode | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

View current gear while in automatic mode

James12

Reaction score
City, State
Chattanooga, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Sport
Does anyone know if there is a way to view the current gear while in automatic mode on a 2013 Sport? I want to be able to know what gear I'm in at a glance. Also, I'd like to be able to log certain parameters including the gear so that I can look back over the data and see gear, RPM, shift points, etc. I have Dash Command and I can view PIDs for FORD.ENGINE.GEAR_OSC and CALC.GEAR.CURRENT. These look like they would indicate the current gear, but they don't. They always just read zero. Any advice would be appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum James.:wave:
Unless that is something that can be done by altering some factory settings using Forscan, there are no driver settings to allow for that.

Peter

May be a bug in dash command - Gauge doesn't update with Ford.engine.Gear_CMD

Have you tried forscan mobile or any of the other android apps to see if they work differently? I seem to recall when I tried with torque app that I was able to set up a gauge to monitor what gear the vehicle was in.

Used Forscan This Display Gear Ratio And Number Gear ;)

Mario, what Forscan setting did you use?

I believe what he meant was that he doesn't use Forscan, but uses a cellphone or a tablet to view it via some ODB connector or such. Forscan was unfortunately not involved.

If I tap the steering wheel gear shift paddles on my Sport, the gear number appears on the left hand instrument cluster - while the instrument cluster is set to display the tachometer/ fuel /temp screen. It only stays on a for a couple of seconds.

I believe what he meant was that he doesn't use Forscan, but uses a cellphone or a tablet to view it via some ODB connector or such. Forscan was unfortunately not involved.
But he said "Used Forscan This Display Gear Ratio And Number Gear". Forscan does require an ODB connector as far as I know. I have everything I need to do it, I just haven't found a reason so far.

Poster probably meant that they pulled the PID using FORScan to display the current gear, not that they changed ABD to make it work on the cluster itself.

Poster probably meant that they pulled the PID using FORScan to display the current gear, not that they changed ABD to make it work on the cluster itself.
Correct

Back