SYNC 3 latest version | Page 16 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SYNC 3 latest version

I'm not sure what is going on, I get it every time I start up.

I have verified that wifi is disabled in settings...the only thing I have yet to do is actually connect it to a network but I'll try that this weekend.
I didn't change any settings. WiFi is/was still enabled. I do recall that I pressed the 'down arrow' figure in the upper right corner and then it performed some kind of function and changed to a slightly smaller one with the WiFi figure showing next to it. The WiFi figure was not there before I pressed the larger 'down arrow'. I believe I did this when I got home so it would have been in range of my home network.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I didn't change any settings. WiFi is/was still enabled. I do recall that I pressed the 'down arrow' figure in the upper right corner and then it performed some kind of function and changed to a slightly smaller one with the WiFi figure showing next to it. The WiFi figure was not there before I pressed the larger 'down arrow'. I believe I did this when I got home so it would have been in range of my home network.

Peter

I ended up just doing a factory reset while in traffic and it seems to have fixed it...hopefully it stays that way!

Interesting. You say you had that ability on the Home screen with V2.3? The only thing I had was the heated steering wheel picture noting it was ON. To actually turn it ON/OFF I had to go to the Climate screen. BTW, it's a balmy 42 degrees F here now. Digging through the closet to find my shorts.:D

Peter

I could have sworn right after I updated to version 2.3, that I too had the ability to turn off the heated steering wheel on the home screen, but this week, I haven't been able too. Every time I have it on & want to turn it off, when I touch the icon, I am taken to the climate screen. Wonder what changed? My wifi is disabled & I haven't done anything as far as updating.

Any secrets to the downgrade, I've tried 2 separate USB's formatted in Fat32 and then exFat can't get anything other than indexing USB. This is on my Focus, SGT1411 didn't mention you were able to do it on yours?

I used the same USB download of v2.2 to downgrade from unofficial v3.0 to official v2.2 on both Explorer and Focus.

Then I downloaded official v3.0 and did same thing.

I finally got it to work. I reformatted exFat not using not using quick format. I’m back to 2.2. New 3.0 on Focus and Explorer this weekend.

I could have sworn right after I updated to version 2.3, that I too had the ability to turn off the heated steering wheel on the home screen, but this week, I haven't been able too. Every time I have it on & want to turn it off, when I touch the icon, I am taken to the climate screen. Wonder what changed? My wifi is disabled & I haven't done anything as far as updating.
With V2.3 you had to go into the Climate screen to turn the feature ON/OFF. With 3.0 the control is in the lower right portion of the 'Home' screen.

Peter

I finished update to 3.0 build 18025, everything alright, full control. But My Car have NAV but in about don't show NAV version
About.jpg

This result

On mine it shows the Navigation Maps Version NA 1.15 in place of where yours shows the SYNC Serial number.

Peter

Have you tried a master reset?

I finished update to 3.0 build 18025, everything alright, full control. But My Car have NAV but in about don't show NAV version
About.jpg

This result

+1 on trying the Master Reset...or if you turn off the car for 20-30 minutes, then start, it will show your map info. Mine did this...the map data takes several minutes to index/show.

Wanted to update, couldn't find a usb drive, so turned the Android phone into a mobile hotspot, and updated via wifi while doing driving errands today. No fuss, no muss... Can't see a difference, but it's done.

Wanted to update, couldn't find a usb drive, so turned the Android phone into a mobile hotspot, and updated via wifi while doing driving errands today. No fuss, no muss... Can't see a difference, but it's done.
You should see that you can now turn the heated steering wheel ON/OFF from the 'Home' screen if you have that feature. I noticed that the 'touch' responses seemed quicker.

Peter

So bad, i was tried master reset, turn on after 1 night, only this about screen (same with 2.2 - 2.3) don't have Navigation version.
Forscan APIM 7D0-01-02 Nagigation enable 4 for Sync2, default value is 048B 0004 91FE.

Only have map database version
About_Maps.jpg

Rabid, is there a secret to getting SYNC to recognize your phone's hotspot? I haven't been able to in almost the year I've had my 17 Explo.

I did update to 3.0 via USB though.

Does anyone know if the 3.0 build versions on Ford owner website is the same 3.0 build version that you get from updating via Wi-Fi?

I tried to do the 3.0 update on Wi-Fi several times with no luck, so I downloaded the 3.0 update from the Ford Owner website and got the 3.0 update done and displayed on the screen. Job done. Now the Ex is trying without success, to download the 3.0 via Wi-Fi!

Does anyone know if the 3.0 build versions on Ford owner website is the same 3.0 build version that you get from updating via Wi-Fi?

I tried to do the 3.0 update on Wi-Fi several times with no luck, so I downloaded the 3.0 update from the Ford Owner website and got the 3.0 update done and displayed on the screen. Job done. Now the Ex is trying without success, to download the 3.0 via Wi-Fi!

Are you saying it's trying to do something similar to where it says "Downloading JR3T-14G423-CA_103602.tar.gz"? If so, that's normal...your system is still indexing/loading the update into your vehicle.

index.php

Something like this?

I just updated to "US" 3.0 on my 2012 self-installed Sync3 unit. Procedure is same as with a factory installed Sync 3 unit. I ran into issues using the same USB drive I've used up to now. It seems Sync writes back to the USB drive and if it's rather small in size, you'll quickly get a "Installation Failed, Error Code: LST_ERR04" on the screen (and the autoinstall file on the drive is corrupted). In my case, I switched to a 32 gig "exFat" formatted USB 3 drive, and that made it happy. As with 2.2->2.3 it took about 5 minutes before any notification came up that it was doing anything at all, and then the upgrade info showed up. Entire update took maybe ~15-20 min, I did a master reset after the upgrade just to make sure it was "clean". The "with navigation" upgrade file should be ~1.5 gig in size.

I will update my post once I got the latest EU maps installed as well (but I'm going on vacation for 2 weeks so will have to be after.) If someone is looking for them prior to that, go read this post for help (use Google to translate the whole page, it translates really well). I'm fairly sure the procedure for US maps is exactly the same, but with US map files.

Edit: F7 maps installed and working fine as far as I can tell. I just followed instructions in linked post and after ~1h of Sync 3 saying "Updating Software" the maps were installed. Nav lang pack/Gracenote is next, didn't have time as the maps took so long.

The versions should be identical. I'm not aware of anyone here having downloaded the update via the 'normal' vehicle WiFi download connection. I, like others used the USB method and I did not have any issues this time. Once you get "Download Complete" that should be it. Nothing else should be required and the correct version will show on your SYNC screen the next time you start the vehicle. Mine took 15 minutes to install.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Are you saying it's trying to do something similar to where it says "Downloading JR3T-14G423-CA_103602.tar.gz"? If so, that's normal...your system is still indexing/loading the update into your vehicle.
Yes, this is the same screen. I would have thought that after starting the car the last 10 times there would have been some movement on the lower bar, suggesting some small amount of data was installed. Thanks.

Back