Show off your LIFTED 2nd GEN | Page 44 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Show off your LIFTED 2nd GEN

Lets see 'em

12287Calico_1.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I hope you do an SAS when you go bigger

Hey what’s up I have my own Ford Explorer

I own a 2002Ford Explorer Sport (2door) and is 2wd .

I am planning on lifting it with a spindle lift and TT for 6” in the front and doing a SOA conversion with shackles in the back. Do you think I am on the right track??

At the end of the day I want a 5”-6” lift. NO BODY LIFT though. And to be able to fit 33s or 34s tires under the car it’s spacers for a wider stance for off road and camping.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

This thing is rad!
This thing is rad!

Hey what’s up I have my own Ford Explorer

I own a 2002Ford Explorer Sport (2door) and is 2wd .

I am planning on lifting it with a spindle lift and TT for 6” in the front and doing a SOA conversion with shackles in the back. Do you think I am on the right track??

My explorer at the moment is Sprig under axle Ford 8.8 all stock. And torsion bar up front.

At the end of the day I want a 5”-6” lift. NO BODY LIFT though. And to be able to fit 33s or 34s tires under the car it’s spacers for a wider stance for off road and camping.

What do I need to do to get my lift.?

I can finally play LOL I have one of her when I first got her and then after a TT and 4 door leaf pack. Right now Tinny tires. Waiting till after Vaca to get new tires. Planning to get 32's right now.
This is Mine on the trailer and my Daughters.
Mine and my daughter Sports.jpg

Now after new axle and TT and 4 door leaf pack.
Fixed 03 and Kylies.jpg

Thanks, the paint on it is in pretty good condition. Right after we purchased it I repaired the rotted out rocker panels & installed new side steps from a regular cab Ranger since the factory Explorer ones were also rotted out.

Thanks, the paint on it is in pretty good condition. Right after we purchased it I repaired the rotted out rocker panels & installed new side steps from a regular cab Ranger since the factory Explorer ones were also rotted out.

Yeah I have a lot of Body cancer in the rockers. I will have to get the book out to get the body work on her done. Yes I will be using her for out on the trails but I like my rig being nice looking lady on the trail. :)

Looks good! Like the red!

Looks good, looks like the same red as my wife's 99 Sport.

55273-99-sport-after-new-ft-rear-shocks-uca-lower-ball-joints.jpg

I justed started mods to a 2010 limited I’ve have for 6 years. But all the sudden overheating and transmission issues. Suggestions?

I justed started mods to a 2010 limited I’ve have for 6 years. But all the sudden overheating and transmission issues. Suggestions?
This is the 1995-2001 ( 2nd generation) sub forum. For your issue you need to start in the link below. There is a modified sub forum also but for common issues I would start in the stock sub forum

stock 2006-2010 ( 4th generation) explorer sub forum
Stock 2006 -2010 Explorers

Here's a little before and after.. had come long ways in two years. Pretty much everything I thought was a far fetched idea in the beginning is now done to this thing. Full width d44 swap, full width 8.8, 4.88 gears, roll cage,1350/1354 doubler, just finished boat sides tonight (need to put on the plate steel still for the sides) and the dual shifters for the cases, full hydro steering, front axle stretched 6", Spartan locker in the front, welded rear.

IMG_20190217_111146954_HDR~3.jpg

IMG_20161105_180213.jpg

IMG_20190316_165657219.jpg

Here is a before and after of my explorer. She's a 97 auto 4.0 ohv. A lot done to her to get her to this point.
20190309_184021.jpg

Here she is now as of tonight.
20190323_184421.jpg

Can't wait to get her completed and out on the trails. She is a lot closer now.

That looks good, I like the way it sits

Here is a before pic with the old rusted out shackles,

Here is the after pic with the new Warrior 153 shackles & a little TT to level it out,

Back