Tonneau Seal Replacement

Reaction score
City, State
Plantation
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Sport Trac XLT
Hi
This is my first post in this forum.
The seal between the two sections of the cargo box tonneau pm my 2010 Sport Trac has cracked and is leaking a bit.
I have found the part but was wondering if anyone has replaced it or if anyone knows of a how-to video on the web for it.
Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

When my seal was coming off in some areas I removed it completely, and cleaned it and the tonneau cover. Then I bought a small tube of black silicone and put a small bead in the trench of the seal and affixed the seal to the tonneau cover. Its stayed on for 2 year so far with no issues.

Thanks, 07L
I have the new seal....now all I have to do is find some instructions on how to remove the old one and install the new one.....preferably a video.
But my guess is I may have to crack open the 1000 pages of repair manuals I have.....they just don't show all the tricks!
If I find something valuable, I will post it here for the next guy.

I installed the new seal.
Best bet is to unlock the front and back latches, open the rear part of the tonneau, slide the center anchors into the innermost slots, and slide the whole tonneau to about a foot from the tail gate.
With the tailgate up first thing is to raise the rear part of the tonneau perpendicular to the front part so it takes the pressure off the torsion bar....at that point you can safely remove the fasteners for both sides of the torsion bar.
Then simply remove the rest of the fasteners, separate the front from the rear section and remove the old seal.
Installing the new seal is easy as long as you have the alignment tabs pushed fully into the hinge bracket.
Secure all fasteners except the four that hold the torsion bar.
Once you tighten all of them, attach the torsion bar to the bottom (front) section and tighten fasteners.
Bring the bottom (back) section back to perpendicular to the front and the torsion bar should line up so you can easily secure it with the bracket and two fasteners.
Slide the whole unit forward so the front latches click properly back into place, slide the center anchors back into their corresponding holes, and close the back.
And there you have it.....
Properly taking off the torsion bar was what I worried about....I don't like things springing to me at eye level. But once I figured that out, the rest was straight forward.....the thing can only go on one way.
Took me a total of 2 hours from start to finish.....and it looks like a brand new tonneau,
I hope this helps someone save plenty of $$$ by posting this.
Thanks for the forum,
Murph

I know this is an old thread but I thought I would ask if anyone knows where I can get the center seal? Mine is an 07 and I'm seeing the part has been discontinued. Any suggestions?

I know this is an old thread but I thought I would ask if anyone knows where I can get the center seal? Mine is an 07 and I'm seeing the part has been discontinued. Any suggestions?

Bump....

I need the tonneau cover seal for my 2010 and haven't been able to find one. Those of you who have gotten them, where did you get it.

Thanks.

I am in the same boat as you. The seal on mine is crumbling.
I have searched several ways using the ford part number and have not found any.
I saw a mention of possibly using a strip of garden pond liner as a substitute. It was suggested that it is UV resistant. I believe someone mentioned it is thicker, something like 50 or 60 mil. I have yet to actually research this, had other priorities on sorting out the truck. I have owned it for two months now.

Back