Moog vs Mevotech endlinks

Zagnut

Reaction score
City, State
Detroit, a third world country
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 4.0L Ed B Explorer
Callsign
haven't tested yet, despite having dual band radios.
Already did some searching. If you've seen my post about rear struts, you know I get an employee discount.

Need to replace rear endlinks. I was thinking of going Moog "problem solvers" because of the build. They look pretty darn good with the solid hex shaft and poly bushings. But, I know Moog has taken a hit regarding quality.

Can anyone chime in on Mevo Supreme or Terrain Tough?

This is a daily driver, in Michigan (crappy roads), no towing or off road (at least not yet ;)).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I opted for the mevotech extreme terrain ball joints for my f250 and am not impressed. I'm on stockish size tires with about 25k miles on them and I've already got play on one side. Moog has had a quality hit but they are still one of the better options. I've got a full set of moog replacements to install when I get time.

Moog has a lifetime warranty. I've got about 7,000 miles on my front ones and no issues (but primarily road use).

I really like the nut design on the problem solvers. Extremely easy to get it started.

Thanks guys. The poly moogs it is.

^ Read this linked thread first. Never hurts to contact the seller and ask questions. GL

Moog PS End Link Bushings Downgraded?

Oh wow!!! Glad I didn't have the gf get those today with the struts! Might have her get them so I can check them out and hope they're the actual poly bushings. Can always return them if they aren't.
That is some shady bait n switch bs right there!:mad2:

Oh wow!!! Glad I didn't have the gf get those today with the struts! Might have her get them so I can check them out and hope they're the actual poly bushings. Can always return them if they aren't.
That is some shady bait n switch bs right there!:mad2:

Zag,
I think that thread is much ado about nothing. I've had the Moog problem solvers in for about 7000 miles without any issues. YMMV.

Zag,
I think that thread is much ado about nothing. I've had the Moog problem solvers in for about 7000 miles without any issues. YMMV.
Possibly. Are yours the actual polyurethane, or those cheap thermoplastic looking bushings?

Might look like Moog, but Moog parts have a lifetime warranty and said made in USA on the box.

Might look like Moog, but Moog parts have a lifetime warranty and said made in USA on the box.
That's what I was thinking. Warranty isn't great, and price is about twice!
Gonna have the gf pop a box, twist off a nut, and see if they're the "questionable plastic" ones.
Wonder if RockA got a batch of knockoffs since there wasn't much reply in that thread from other suppliers.
Gave the gf good pics of the differences. It's pretty clear.
I used to work there too....but the work ethics we're deplorable. Fng management.
I'd rather go back to heat shop cnc. Kinda miss working for Batten Performance, despite the work conditions. Should've seen the Bronco 2 v6 twin turbo we built 25 years ago.

Went ahead and got the Mevotech Terrain Tough links, mostly because of the barrel nut design, similar to the Moog.

Checked numerous local places and all the Moog "poly" were the cheap, thermoplastic looking, bushings.

I ordered the moog yesterday from rocka. Guess I'll see in a couple days

Y'all really need to speaking about what you don't know. The Moog parts with the white bushing are perfectly acceptable and have a lifetime warranty. You may not like them, but they are not thermoplastic, they are polyurethane . I've got over 7,000 miles on mine and they look almost new.

Y'all really need to speaking about what you don't know.
If that's partially directed at me, I'm DONE with over the counter end links regardless of brand.

This modified Moog K7275 and ES 9.8103 setup has paid for itself MANY times over. BTDT.
Sway Bar Links

All MOOG stuff is certainly not made in the USA.

Did the Moog bushings look like the drilled ones the OP (J_C) posted from this thread?
Moog PS End Link Bushings Downgraded?

If so, Moog really cheaped out. Hope the Mevotech TT end links work out for you. GL
https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=7618948&cc=1432148
Yes, the Moogs from GFs work (Autowares) looked exactly like those. So did all the pics of them on AutoZone, O'Reilly's, Advanced, and (I think) Pep Boys websites. They weren't the opaque "translucent milky" color as shown on Rock or Moogs sites. Just a solid white color.
The Mevo Terrain Tough are pretty solid. Can't confirm the bushings are poly or rubber, can't find info. But they are hard and have a similar barrel nut like the Moogs. For a 12yo truck with 200k, I figured it the next best choice, especially given employee discount.

I ordered the moog yesterday from rocka. Guess I'll see in a couple days
Please keep us updated. Feel free to use my thread.

Y'all really need to speaking about what you don't know. The Moog parts with the white bushing are perfectly acceptable and have a lifetime warranty. You may not like them, but they are not thermoplastic, they are polyurethane . I've got over 7,000 miles on mine and they look almost new.
I know they aren't a printed thermoplastic. But considering the difference in looks from what others have seen, compared to different pics, it looks like they cheapened them up somehow.
I asked previously which version you had. Your reply implied that you had received the ones that Rock and Moog show in their sites...the translucent milky looking bushings, and not the "drilled thermoplastic printed" looking ones that we've seen pics of.

I have no problem with either company. Both offer a higher quality, barrel nut version, with limited lifetime warranty (yes, the Mevo TTX have one as well). But I don't like what appears to be an "updated" version that looks cheapened.

You've been a big help to me, so please don't take my reply as saying you're wrong.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

As I stated, I bought the Moog problem solvers. They have the white bushings, Made in USA on the box, and a lifetime warranty.

My point was not to denigrate a quality part by stating things that weren't true. Nothing more.

Back