sport , should I?

generation2

Reaction score
City, State
new orleans, La
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 4cyl 2wd 4.0 L
Hi all,

I am considering purchasing a generation 1 sport to use as a daily driver and I am considering this 1992 found about an hour away. Any advice about this year and model? It only has 58K original.

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If the mileage is correct that is an incredible find. Definitely jump on that one.

Looks real nice, what's the price?
The auto trans is the one big weak link in this generation, I would give the trans, the could, and the operation of the trans extra attention before buying.

Pics don't show....
But rust & oil leaks will be the biggest issues I think. Both not easy to fix especially if the rear main & oil pan are leaking. They all do at some point.

I would consider it if you like the vehicle. I have 92 Sport with 35k miles (never in snow/salt) and just fixed my rear main again. It is a big job and I paid a lot of cash but I believe it is done right now with guidance of Brian and his post on how to fix the rear main properly. I found a Ford dealer with a seasoned mechanic who had the tools and put in the Ford seal. For some reason i cannot see the pics in your post. Good luck

Back