• Register Today It's free!

instrument panel/ipc upgrade

zpd307

Reaction score
City, State
MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 PIU
who has swapped out to the xlt/limited ipc? I did with my 11 f250 back in the day when someone found out that the productivity screen on the lariats would work in xlt! had the dashes sent out to get the mileage swapped over to the upgraded one.

I found a cheap one at the junk yard and swapped it out. I am surprised at how much of it works, but I can no longer change any values in the ipc with forscan. I get an error.

the other vehicle had the rear park aid module. mine doesn't and I get a error message on the dash that says check rear park aid. and a dtc of lost communication with pam.

if I can get the value changed in the ipc to get the dash to not know there was a pam, I will put it back in and get the mileage changed....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have the same thing with mine same erorr code but my firmware is different in the xlt cluster than my piu was so I can't figure out what needs changed .. I also notice the right screen is inop keeps showing lost communication with radio. Kinda wish I could get it working also I've swapped everything to make mine a "sport" except for the radio and ipc

The right side works! The radio station and singer/song shows. It has a line for navigation and phone, but when you click on them it says lost communication.
I figured that would be normal.
I am pretty sure there is a cslue change to make for the different ipc. But since i cant change anything anyways....
But, in order to get the hd radio to work, they figured out to load the non hd values in forscan after installing hd radio and then changing the one calue....
I wonder if this would work?

Man, my fingers arent working well on my phone tonight....

Well I was told to change the values from my original IPC to the new one but the firmware is different so I can't. It only has 2 lines as to where my original IPC has like 6 lines.. see my right screen says entertainment. Navigation and phone and all say lost communication with radio if selected. That kinda bothered me lol. As for the rear park aid I would think if you found an explorer that didn't have park aid sensors but had the type 2 ipc and 8" radio you could place those values in

Back