• Register Today It's free!

2ish inch lift questions.

AGodlyCanuck

Reaction score
City, State
Nelson, BC. Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Explorer 4dr 4x4 XLT
So from What I have gathered here, a cheap way to lift is 1991-96 f150 could spring seats. And 2" rear shackles. They are year specific right?

I do have local scrapyards but they don't let people in who don't work there. So I would have to ask them to pull the f150 coil seats.

And could I just get the shackles from someplace like ebay? I have some 2" lift shackles I was going to use on my 2000 blazer hut sold it and never changed them. Would those be of use by any chance?

Sorry to ask about this stuff but I'm having a hard time finding solid info and I don't want to necro bump.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

For $100 I bought 2 Inch spacers for the front and 3 inch shackles for the rear off eBay brand new

Here's a real good link on the spacers, it's a ranger site but the front end is identical to your 1st gen Explorer. Ford Ranger/Bronco II 2.9 liter Engines

Warrior brand shackles seem to be the preferred lift shackle here for strength and quality, I would at least price them.

I recently went to the scrap yard and retrieved a pair of the 1992 F150 2wd front coil spring spacers. They measure 1.5 inches thick and have a Ford part number prefix of F2TZ cast in to them. I was glad to get them, they cost me more time than money but I saved $40 overall towards the project !

I found some spacers digging around however i was told that using them can really mess up the alignment? Like to the point where i have to put a new Camber nut in it?

I have a picture of what the caster/camber adjustment piece looks like, click on the link to my '91 mild build to see it.
Slightly Modified-1991 Explorer 4 dr 4x4 Build
Over the weekend a package arrived that has a pair of 1/2 degree, pr1 1/2 and a pair of 2 1/2s. and a pair of the TTB bushings that I think are 2's. I bought a variety so that when it came alignment time I would already have some adjustment bushings on hand. I got them from Rockauto for about $4 or $5 each and the local parts store wanted $18 each. The supply at rockauto.com is going quick !

I used 2” soft ride front springs. They gave me 3” of lift compared to my worn stock springs. To get my camber back I changed out the 2.5 bushings for 3.5 and rotated them 180 degrees. For the rear I did short add a leafs and coil over shocks to bring it up level. In all it cost me about $600 including shocks and alignment

I used 2” soft ride front springs. They gave me 3” of lift compared to my worn stock springs. To get my camber back I changed out the 2.5 bushings for 3.5 and rotated them 180 degrees. For the rear I did short add a leafs and coil over shocks to bring it up level. In all it cost me about $600 including shocks and alignment

could i see some pictures of it?

1C48E783-6CCC-439E-95AB-4DF6F2C8C755.jpeg
Stock on 31”
could i see some pictures of it?

E8D48BD9-5281-4FB9-82EA-4B68C6026784.jpeg
Here I’m jacking the body up from the leaf springs to install the coil over shocks

2007BF3B-57FC-4C3F-9064-15C24913FC74.jpeg
This picture is front coil and add a leafs installed. I don’t have a good after shot but the coil overs bring it up level and it’s still super soft

Back