• Register Today It's free!

2005 explorer

MarkD1974

Reaction score
City, State
Kentucky
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Ford explorer
My 2005 Ford explorer 4.0 ran very hot on me now it turns over slow but will not start there is no water in the oil...it ran hot because my wife added a little water to radiator and forgot to put cap back on what could be wrong with it

Welcome to this forum! So you're saying that the engine turns over but it won't start? Do you hear the fuel pump prime when you turn the key? Does the check engine light illuminate when you turn the key? Did you check the fuses? Does it have an alarm or some sort of cut off device? Did you check the inertia switch? Is there any fuel pressure? Put a ratchet or a breaker bar on the engine pulley with the electrical system on, then listen for the fuel pump as you turn the engine over manually in small increments.

Yes it's getting fuel and spark....the truck ran great until my wife topped it off with a little antifreeze and forgot to put the cap on drove it and ran it very hot ..it shut off on her we got it towed home I checked the oil for water..no water in oil ...but when I try to start it ...the truck turns over slowly with a full charged battery but won't start

Well... Aluminum blocks and heads don't like to be severely overheated. If it shut off then it was severely overheated. Won't be surprised if the heads and block are warped and bearings spun.

Good luck

Back