BrooklynBay | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

BrooklynBay
Reaction score

• BrooklynBay,

What happened to photos in our posts that were linked from Photobucket? I ask because in one of posts from NOv 2014 had some pics of wiring harness insulation failures, and now they've been replaced with some weird invitation to upgrade my Photobucket account. Is there a way to put those pics back into the post?
    BrooklynBay
    BrooklynBay
    Photobucket was free until recently. They suddenly decided to charge a yearly fee of $400 so all of the forums where photos were linked got ruined.
    I recently purchased a use Ford Edge Limited and it has the documented issue with the transmission thumping on the the way up at 30 mph. How do I determine which service bulletin would go with my issue and get this fixed?
    Thanks
    I have a 2013 Explorer Sport. I had to bring it in for service today because the speed has been limited to 80 MPH. The "MyKey" function is aslo no longer in the cluster, for either of my keys. I bought it brand new and have never seen this before, I was wondering if you have heard of this or know someone who has. Any help would be much appreciated.
    Hi BrooklynBay,
    I am trying to upload some photos from my Nikon D5300. I keep getting a security error after the picture is uploaded. Do you know what would cause this?
    Thank you.
    Nick
    08EddieCA
    Still having difficulty adding photos
    Hi, need some help!, Parts are difficult to find here in New Zealand! I have had my Explorer diagnosed, faulty EGR valve
    Currently cant find the part, considered deleting the valve.. I'd prefer to replace the part but, has anyone done this?
    J
    Jenny.Mondial
    Hi parts aren't always difficult - what make and model is your explorer and whereabouts are you? I'm in chc and have a few contacts as I have a 2005 V8 LTD with the electronic controls.
    J
    Jenny.Mondial
    I'm looking for a purple tip injector if anyone has one ....
    I am just starting to learn how to use this forum. About 5 days ago I bought a 2000 Ford Explorer and I want to put some good tires on it. Does anyone have any good suggestions? I was looking at some AT tires and would hope they are quiet enough.
    Hello, I have a question. I have a 2014 ford explorer limited edition with the 3.5 engine (not twin turbo). I was wondering do you know if they sell supercharger kits or turbocharger kits? Or can I add the twin turbos on my car that the sport has???? Help please!
    Got a tire question. It's going to be 4 weeks before I get the van back. I have the stock 14" rims and caps. Big O,discount and Walmart are offering general grabber ta in 225-75-14. $99.00
    I was looking for rims used 15"-4 are running 160-200 not counting lug or center cap. New rims and lugs I can get $45.00 each. Then the 235-75-15 are $125. On sale this would give me 2 inches of ground clearance from 6-8.
    I was wondering if a 94 4.0 V6 will work in my 96 explorer sport
    BrooklynBay
    BrooklynBay
    The 1994 uses EEC-IV, and the 1996 uses OBD-II so you will have to transfer several things over from one engine to another.
    S
    SparkyJak
    Please list what I need to transfer or would it be better to find a different engine
    BrooklynBay
    BrooklynBay
    I think that the fuel injection wiring harness might be different. I remember reading another thread about a swap. The older engine didn't fire each fuel injector individually like the newer engines. Compare the color codes, the number of terminals on the fuel injector harness, the type of sensors on each engine, and the number of pins on each bulkhead. Compare the fuel pressure regulator from both engines.
    Hey BrooklynBay, I just bought a 2001 Sports Trac and its been having problems with a leak coming from the rack and pinion. I have been doing my homework and I am buying the complete unit from RockAuto.com. I am taking it to a shop since i don't have the knowledge or proper tools to do it myself. How can I check what kind of make/model i should get to replace the one i already have?
    BrooklynBay
    BrooklynBay
    Prestone makes power steering fluid with stop leak & a conditioner.
    J
    Jackson9373
    Well I meant what brand or model Rack and pinion I am supposed to be looking for. Its come to the point where it does need to be replaced but like i said I have no clue what I am doing. Is there some way i can know what rack and pinion model I need?
    BrooklynBay
    BrooklynBay
    Moog is a good brand.
    Brooklyn, what the hell has gotten into the folks running this forum? Do they really think they can force people to buy their paid membership by hounding them with pop-ups that block the reading of messages. Well, f**k 'em. I'm out of here. Thanks for your help in the past but I'm not a fan at all of the changes they've made. There's another Aerostar forum and I'll use it from now on. See you later.
    Donald Ford
    BrooklynBay
    BrooklynBay
    Don't leave the forum over this. You could always come back if you need help with something.
    I read the down load I thought the exchange book told you that a seat from a Lincoln could be used in a Oldsmobile . So bone yards can swap parts from one to the other
    Hi it's me again ha ha,a while ago did you send me a photo of a home made coil spring compresser. Next week when my lift comes in I want to install it. The cheapest coil compresser I found was $45.00. If you made one what changes any and the size of the unit. If I remember it was flat stock and rod.
    BrooklynBay
    BrooklynBay
    It's just a threaded rod anchor bolt with an electrical blank plate.
    Hi I'm trying to remove the rear fiberglass bumper I removed the 3/8 out rigger bolts by the fender flaps. And the 4 bumper bolts. The instructions said it should skins off. I beat it with a 3 pound sledgehammer and crow bar won't come off. The photo only shows 4 are there more bolts
    Robert Las Vegas
    Hi brook I search the form and can't find anything on cai, beside some cool noise I'm not ready to snorkel the pug shuttle until I get into full westfilia mode. There's no section were guys have turned vans into campers why not. Can I buy the hard were to turn my bench seats into fold down beds. I figured it's just the side latch.
    Hey Brooklyn, had a great run with my EX but I had to sell her to clear space for my new car. I would like to thank you and the other admin for the excellent site and help it has provided over the years. How do I stop this forum/account from sending me further emails?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
I was always interested in working with my hands, and fixing things. My friends pushed me into doing it for a living since they always needed things to be fixed, and recommended me to other people.

My interests are with computers, electronics (schematic designs), cars, and working with all kind of tools.
Birthday
April 25, 1970 (Age: 53)
City, State
Brooklyn, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars
Zip Code
Vehicle Specs
NO
Engine
3.0L
Year