CDW6212R | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

CDW6212R
Reaction score

• What's going on? We don't get options to email here, just the PM's and this profile post page(without notifications).
    I understand the level is supposed to be correct with that special drain plug open, so only excess comes out. Fill in the side fill plug.
    I have a 08explorer 4.0 tried to put two quarts in the no dipstick tranny thinking it was low.can't remember if the engine was running or not.did I mess something up or not.had engine running for while with adapter screwed on draining out about two qts.plus the two I did put in.please get back
    I hadn't read of the end being a problem like the yokes on the rear shaft. You need a shaft with the same kind of joint as the D35.
    CDW, I am installing a 5.0 in a 2002 Explorer Sport with a 4r70w and a 4406 tc. I got the drive shaft with the tc that came out of a 2001 4.6 F150. the driveshaft has a front yoke like the rear yoke that is different from what is on the Dana 35IFS. I can remove the yoke on the Dana but do you know what vehicle I can get a yoke from that will work with the drive shaft that I got.
    Hi, I think I still have them. Someone else years back was interested, but I don't he got them. I'll be cleaning soon, I'll keep an eye out.
    Hey man would you happen to still have those front air lines from ford? Just bought Monroe air shocks looking to add manual controlled air shocks but I just need to source the factory lines. If you have the part number it would be a great help
    The odometer is connected to the speedometer, calibrated to measure the same measurements, miles or kilometers.
    THERE WAS A COUPLE OF SHOWS ON THE VELOSITY NETWORK. THE BUILDERS SWAPED A MUSTANG IRS INTO A RANGER PICKUP. THEY HAD ALREADY PUT THE 4 CAM ENGINE IN IT. I DO NOT REMEMBER IF IT WAS ON TRUCKS SHOW OR ANOTHER SHOW.
    CDW6212R
    CDW6212R
    That's interesting too. My Lincoln is a Fox chassis, but the LCA's are a little longer than a Mustang. So the IRS frame mounts would match in two of the four locations.
    I hope it works, really. Any improvement would be great to see.
    CDW6212R
    CDW6212R
    Find the BW 4406 TOD thread by Mountaineergreen, which was a 98 302/AWD that he put the same TC in that you are hunting. The V6 trucks have the wiring already in the 4WD models. There is a different 4WD/TOD/GEM module in your truck now, than the non-4WD models. So you have the wiring already in place for the BW4406 TOD, which is in the Navigator and Expedition, of about the 97-03 range.
    Reactions: JerryB2
    J
    JerryB2
    Thank you for the information. I JUST GOT A LOT OF THE SAME INFO FROM Stealthbowl. This is the most information I have had on this problem. IF I can be of any help to you let me know.
    CDW6212R
    CDW6212R
    I'm glad to help. My 3rd project soon will be my 98 Limited, to begin on the exhaust and the BW4406 TOD. I'm aiming for 500hp+ in that eventually, so the weak links will be interesting to find. I will need help on the 4WD wiring, since my truck is AWD and doesn't have the basic power wires in the engine harness etc.
    I was going to move the battery to the inside of my rig and use that battery space for bigger unit. It is as of right now a thought. I will make plans for one to test on my rig, and by test I mean build it right the first time to test and get the results from that. I will make this a year long goal. Thanks.
    Robert
    yes, you are correct about the volume. From what I have read you only need to enough to make a third and let it adjust for the other 2 thirds of gas. That is where the "more cells less current and heat" come from. the units on ebay are way to small I feel for any practical use in a vehicle like an Explorer.
    Good luck, but it would need to be sized likely 20-50 times what others have built. That's why I decided against it, the volume required.
    The main issue was that an engine ingests a vast amount of air. Every device made only creates an insignificant amount of air volume.
    I think I am going to try it. I have read that the more cells you have the less wattage it takes and stays a little cooler. This place I am looking at has a small computer that you have to hook up to the PCM or ECU that tricks the reading for the 02 sensors. I will have to save for it or make one.
    Robert
    For fuel mileage, the old 200mpg carburetor story is better. Fuel atomized inside a "box" properly, can run an engine at cruise very well.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
City, State
Knoxville, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Limited AWD 302
Vehicle Specs
YES
Engine
228k with water pump going out, soon to be 55k 302 HO shortblock
Year
Transmission
4R70W without 3rd or 4th, soon to be 6R80
Transfer Case
AWD-locked up, will rebuild
Front Axle
3.73, soon to be 3.08's with Torsen
Rear Axle
3.73 LS, soon to be 3.08's with True Trac
Tires
255/70/16
Wheels
99-01 Limited 16's, next to be 17x9's and 275/55's
Audio/Video and Navigation
Mach with RCA outputs

Contact

Facebook
No

Signature

Don
98 Limited"Black Coal", TW 170 heads TEA 205 ported for 337 engine.
99/93 Explorer Limited A4WD, 92 Lincoln LSC/SE/GTC, 98 AWD Mounty.
I support the Fair Tax Plan and the US Constitution.
Back