01STrunner | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

01STrunner
Reaction score

• How similar is your Sport Trac to the 3rd Gen explorers? Debating on buying either a 2nd Gen or 3rd Gen to SAS. I've been following project LazyBoy but he hasn't posted in a while and didn't go into as much detail as the Mountaineer project. My specific questions are the transfer case
    01STrunner
    01STrunner
    There's quite a bit different between a 3rd gen Ex and a ST. The 2nd gen is more similar to mine.
    I was lifting my truck today and I am 80% sure that i ****ed it up because I placed the Jack stands where i shouldn't. My question is, how can i tell if i bent the beams underneath the truck?
    01STrunner
    01STrunner
    Where'd you place the stands at? I'm assuming you are talking about the rear axle? Did you have an alignment done after the lift? Tires balanced?
    J
    Jackson9373
    I did not have an alignment done or the balance because i know for a fact that they are both **** and i need to get it done asap. I placed the jacks, i want to say in the middle of the truck on both sides. I drove it around yesterday and it seems to be fine but now i am leaking power steering all over the place. I knew i had a leak problem but now it just got worse :(
    I ws just wondering because I can't view other members albums or profile and keep sending me to the elite explorer subscription. Thank you!
    I need help please, I was wondering if you can tell me if I am still a paying member of explorer forum or not. I think it has been awhile that I had subscribed but don't know if it had expired. Thank you very much.
    Can you send me a picture of where you have your wire ran please. I looked @ my truck and there are 2 possible places that I could run mine but it isn't rubber boots, it either rubber that had turned hard are plastic boots.
    Catching up reading posts, Man I missed reading the post, I think I caught up by now. Now I am working on my center console and almost done sanding everything down, should be a few more days maybe 4 tops.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
N/A

N/A
Birthday
December 14
City, State
Greer, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 SAS'd Sport Trac
Vehicle Specs
YES
Engine
4.0L V6
Year
Transmission
Jasper remanufactured transmission
Transfer Case
stock
Front Axle
D44 HD from 1988 Grand Wagoneer
Rear Axle
stock
Lighting
stock
Tires
35" BF Goodrich KM2 MT
Occupation
Mechanical Designer
Wheels
17X8.5" MB Wheels TKO
Communications
Cobra CB, 4ft Firestik2
Accessories
Warrior 153 Shackles, 3" PA Body Lift, Black Painted Cladding, Lots of cutting

Signature

Here's a link to my Registry
Here's a link to my SAS Registry
Here's a link to my Tow Rig (6.4L F350) Registry
"This hobby begins as a search for the perfect setup, then gradually becomes the never ending discovery of the weakest link."
Back