Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Power Window

This isn't really a 911 unless I get caught in the rain and have to roll up quick. The glass starts down and about 1/5 of the way down the front takes a nose dive and the glass comes off the holder. If you jerk up on it and it rolls up it blocks the door handel from working on the outside...
  2. S

I Hate COPS!!! This is absurd!!!!

Well I have an AS in Police Science and a BA in Psch. And if I am correct in my facts and your lights flash amber and red then the color of the lens is irrevlant. What about all the POS's that you see with red duct tape or gray duct tape over the lens to cover it. Is that legal? No. I don't...
  3. S

Largest tires that will fit on a 97 explorer sport 4x4

Did you have to get your Speedo reset? I thought if you changed tire sizes that you had to get your speedometer reset.
  4. S

Sub and amp set up

What size amp should I get if I go with the 4 Channel and what is 5/3 Channel amp?
  5. S

RACING MUSIC

Lowride fog hat?
  6. S

Sub and amp set up

I want to get a box and load it with 2 12" subs, 3 or 4 8" speakers and matching door speakers. My question is should I have three amps one for each of the 12's and one for the 3 or 4 8's. or just one big amp to run them all? Also if I go with the three amps what size should I get?:bounce...
  7. S

What engine do you want?

In jegs new catalog there is the 514 corba jet crate motor. If I had the 9 grand it would be in my X right now. They say it will fit a mustang so it must fit the X. I drool over that night LOL. but i have a 5.0L 302.
  8. S

How many people Own their Explorer?

Well Ford owns mine LOL. I had to carry a little over from a car I had. Kicks self just should have got the X and not even thought about the car. LOL
  9. S

MAS size for a V8

Is the 70mm the same on the V8 and the V6? All i cna find when I search is the V6 motor posts. Thanks:bounce: :exp:
  10. S

Camaro SS or Supercharged/Turbo'd Explorer Sport...

I just thought about trading my 99 and I was offered a huge 11 grand for mine so unless you have a Beat me beat you type dealer it might be less than that and I have V8 with all the trimmings LOL
  11. S

How much is your insurance???

Well, Lets see I have my 99x fully coverage, 87 firebird, 86 qnd 85 bronco II and I pay about a grand a year but then I have mulitcar discount, Over 25 didscount soon to be over 30 discount, and life insurance which drops 80 bucks a year from my car insurance. Not to bad to only have a single...
  12. S

Ram Air

I did a serch on ram air but I couldn't find anything with a funnel. There were a couple of links to pics but they didn' really show anything.
  13. S

1999 XLT

I have a 1999 X XLT with V8 and All wheel drive. Wegdewood blue. Stock motor and susp. but plan to change that soon. I have a hidden hitch, nerf bars and Grill guard and blackout on the front
  14. S

Simple Amp question from an Idoit LOL

I want to get 2 boxes loaded with twin 12" speakers to go on either side of the cargo area. I wan to thump with out breaking the glass. LOL what size amp should I get? My firend got one for his ranger and the guy at the store sold him a $1500 buck set up that blows the speakers out when he...
  15. S

Ram Air

I was thinking about adding ram air to my X. Any suggestions or thoughts on how to do this? Would the funnel scoops from say a mustang work? I wanted to put them into the cuts on the air dam beside the front lisences plate holder. I may have to have some made to fit in there. Also how would...
  16. S

99 model Mods

Would the transmission from a Mustang work? It would be too cool to have the tranny from a Cobra R in it LOL. Also I saw in Jegs a 514 cobra jet motor. its a crate motor for Bracket Racing. I wonder if an X could handle that kinda power it was only 600 hp. LOL
  17. S

99 model Mods

Thanks Jason. Where and who would I ask for parts and info for that?
  18. S

99 model Mods

Yup looks like mine but I have a grill guard and nerf bars. Is your All wheel Drive? That was the only way I could get a V8. It takes away a lot from the speed but it goes once you get going.
  19. S

99 model Mods

Hello Everyone! I am new to the board. I have a Wegdewood Blue ( love that name) 1999 XLT all wheel drive wth a V8. I was wondering if anyone else had thought about changing the automatic transmission to a 5 speed and if anyone ran underbody lights on their X and what color choice you would...
Back