Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Oxygen sensor auto trans for manual trans

Girlfriend's '97 GMC Sierra 2500 5.7L 5spd manual is getting new O2 sensors (keep getting fault code). I installed Bosch downstream today and will do upstream tmrw. My question is if there's really any difference between ones listed for auto vs manual? Bosch Premium Oxygen Sensor 15703 has the...
  2. D

2003 ford explorer had a backfire from the engine

what engine? mileage? what was going on when this happened? I have a feeling I may know what happened (timing chain slip a tooth) but we need a bit more info to be sure.
  3. D

Help! Anybody know what these are??

I think the last 2 are radio connectors
  4. D

filter change time vs oil change time?

I recently bought a 03 XLT 4.0L 132,600mi and i am incredibly happy with it so far. I have no idea what oil has been used but I just picked up 5qts of Mobil 1 Extended Performsnce 5w-20 and a motorcraft filter. I have no intentions of going the advertised 15,000mi on this oil, I figure maybe...
  5. D

Steering went to hell after a short trip, your advice please!

I agree theyre great trucks! I really loved my faithfull '95 all the way till the end 2 weeks ago when she sacrificed herself to save my life when I rolled her twice when we left the ice covered road. My first wreck in 26 years of driving, and I am thankfull it hapened in that tank that caused...
  6. D

It took a few weeks for my to go totally to crap. just be ready to turn that wheel back when you go around corners, just in case that is it. If it is indeed the steering then you may be able to bleed the system but its probably a sign of things to come though. I did replace the rack, wasn't a...
  7. D

my '95 did that. then it got to the point where the wheel did not return to center on its own (or easily anyhow) after a turn. It was the steering rack. Put the front on jack stands and start it, turn the wheels all the way each direction and see if it shakes the truck. That happens when...
  8. D

what is this?

Looks like a blower motor. Do yo have rear A/C? If so I imagine thats the blower motor for it.
  9. D

dash vents not blowing air

does air blow from any of the ducts at all? My '95 got stuck just blowing from the defrost vents no matter the settng. turned out to be a vacuum hose leak behind psgr side headlight.
  10. D

stereo sound quit then smell of burning elect...

thanks guys. I found the amp was indeed behind the panel in the cargo area. is actually pretty easy to get to if you pull out the little netted cargo pocket behind it. It would be a pita to jump wires back there but if you really had to... I pulled it out and it wrecks of burnt electronics...
  11. D

stereo sound quit then smell of burning elect...

'95 XLT 4dr. I replaced the stock head unit when i got the explorer 2 years ago. I believe it has the external amp based on the wires. I recently began having almost no sound from front left speaker, then lastnight all the sound cut out and i could smell burning elect from what I assumed to be...
  12. D

Crazy MPG in a V8

more air = more gas to keep that ratio the computer loves
  13. D

cruise and speedometer both quit working.

I looked and didnt find any real answers so here we go... 95 explorer, was driving to work today with the cruise set at 65 and suddenly with no warning at all the cruise quit and the speedometer dropped to 0. (odometer also not working) 8 hrs later I drove off and speedometer was working. i...
  14. D

Why its good to remove your console..

Yes, I remember coming across that one on here not long ago.
  15. D

Weird ABS Problem

I don't remember for certain. Seems it was clean though. I think more important than grease, is clean grease. If it's meant to be greased I imagine it would need to be clean. Sand or dirt or grit of any sort would throw of the sensor. But I doubt a light coat of the right kind of grease...
  16. D

Weird ABS Problem

that grease maybe a problem. I had the same symptoms after replacing a ball joint last summer. i managed to get a little piece if grit on the sensor. once cleaned off and seated nice 'n tight it was fine.
  17. D

Rear 3rd shock?

My '95 XLT has one. I'll keep it right where it is...
  18. D

'95 4.0 Temp guage. Is this right?

Ah. Then I guess I wont worry about it. Thanks wildguy!
  19. D

'95 4.0 Temp guage. Is this right?

'95 4.0 5spd. I'm seeing lots of posts about thermostats and guages tonight. My issue however, seems to be the opposite of them. I changed my manifold gaskets last weekend due to coolant pouring out the back and was too cheap and lazy to change my thermostat. I'm in the denver area so it's...
  20. D

Ex is totaled

NIce! No jeep, you don't need to be banned now :D
  21. D

My Explorer (little dif than most on here)

Very nice! My only beef, visually, the doors just don't blend. But I do love it!
  22. D

Another ABS question

Thanks. I got it fixed. Took it back out, covered the hole and cleaned the area down to nice shiny metal, sprayed sensor with electrical cleaner and cranked it down TIGHT. Problem solved :)
  23. D

Another ABS question

Sorry, I've looked at lots of posts re this but not finding an answer. I replaced psgr side lower ball joint, so I removed the ABS sensor from it's hole. Now everything is back together and only when I am coming close to stoping, down to around 5-10mph, the pedal pulsates and i can hear what...
  24. D

Lower Ball Joint Replacement How To (lots of Pictures)

Yeah, I was I little worried about that after reading a lot of this thread but I'm pretty sure this was the first time it's been replaced and it sure did go in nice. It's really tight and perfectly straight. And I figure that if the day comes that it ever needs to be changed again, I figure I...
Back