Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 9

Ouch!

Had a little oopsie yesterday morning on the way to work. Fracture of the body of the calcaneus that extends into the medial subtalar joint: Oblique fracture of the medial & lateral malleolus: Not sure what this looks like at the moment. 2012 H-D Road Glide Ultra:
  2. 9

Great news for all those that love Truckhaven Hills - please read

Link to Pirate thread: http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=918039
  3. 9

SoCal Junk Yard run

Pick Your Part is having their 1/2 off sale this weekend. Will be going down 1 day this weekend to browse around and see what I can find. So if you need me to look for anything, let me know and I'll see what they have.
  4. 9

Project R15X

Project R15X Please look here at some stuff that I need to get rid of.
  5. 9

83-97 TTB vs 98-09 IFS

What are some of the pro's & con's of the TTB compared to the '98+ IFS in regards to aftermarket lift kits and SAS's? I know there are quite a few lift kits for the TTB, but how about for the IFS? Which one would you rather do a SAS on?
  6. 9

The Cool Paint Initiative

Some possible food for though on CARB: Cool Paints Initiative CA to reduce carbon emissions by banning black cars Cool Cars workshop presentation
  7. 9

Front axle alignment.

I've just noticed that my front axle on my Super Duty is not square to the frame. It looks like the left side is pushed about 1.5" back, while the right is pushed forward. With the steering at full left lock the tire is about .5" from rubbing the inner fender. With the steering at full right...
  8. 9

GM says no more Pontiac.

Pontiac gets "demoted". First was Oldsmobile; now its Pontiac. When is Buick's turn? http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/29307802?ocid=MSNToolbar130#29307802
  9. 9

Washington State Vehicle License Fee Bill SB6900

Washington State Vehicle License Fee Bill SB6900 Not a Joke There is a bill that the Washington State Legislature is trying to pass in Olympia that, if successful, will directly add huge costs to our vehicle license fees. Everyone needs to know about so this situation so that you...
  10. 9

Rich Christensen of "PINKS" is bringing his crew to BARONA

UPCOMING EVENTS!!! JUST ADDED!!! Rich Christensen of "PINKS" is bringing his crew to BARONA, FRIDAY NIGHT, NOVEMBER 7, 2008 for his new show "ARMDROP LIVE" Racers in all classes will compete for money and an entry to a West Coast shooting of PINKS ALL OUT 2009. Gates open at noon...
  11. 9

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! Stupid Ignition Switch!

So I need to know how to either pull out the ignition or find out how to disable the steering lock and hot wire the stupid truck. Went to start the Ranger up to load it back onto the trailer and the stupid POS ignition switch decides to break the head of the key and the outer part of the...
  12. 9

Code scanning & Diagnostic help

For all of you with 1995 & up Fords, be it Explorer/Rangers or Mustangs or PSDs, I just acquired one of the best laptop scan tools on the market. Auto Enginuity can do the following: Although Ford does implement the largest subset of the OBDII standard compared to any other manufacturer, the...
  13. 9

2009 F-150 Diesel

2009.5 F-150 4.4L Diesel Ford is out and about testing the 2009.5 Ford F-150 Diesel, this time with sheetmetal more suiting to the 2009 model year. As proof that this is the new diesel-powered F-150, the photographers from KGP managed to snap pictures of the "DIESEL FUEL ONLY" strip over the...
  14. 9

Show's '90 Ranger

I guess its about time I finally got around to doing a registry, so here it goes: Originally bought this truck in March of 2000 from a co-worker while stationed in San Diego. As equipped form Ford it was a base model XLT 4x2 with the Dual Plug 2.3L with the Mazda M50D-R1 transmission, regular...
  15. 9

Engine differences.

Do the 3.0L, 4.0L OHV & 4.0L SOHC motors share the same bellhousing and starter bolt patterns? Got my eye on a couple of Rangers and need to know if a trans from a 4.0L OHV will bolt to either the 3.0L or the 4.0L SOHC motors. I don't care if the PCM is compatible with the trans or not.
  16. 9

Motorcraft Superduty Workshop Manuals online

Have fun with all of this information! 2001 Super Duty 2002 Super Duty 2003 Super Duty 2004 Super Duty 2005 Super Duty 2006 Super Duty 2007 Super Duty 2008 Super Duty
  17. 9

Church Van + Harley = Ouch!

As some of you have heard, on Thursday evening I got hit by a church van on my Harley. The damage isn't as bad as I thought.
  18. 9

Storage space needed

Any one in the San Diego metro area have space to store a 20' trailer with my Ranger loaded on it for about a month while I am out of town?
  19. 9

Flatbed & Sliders

Its about time to start working on the Ranajo again, as I don't have much more time to get it done before T-haven & the move to San Diego. So I'll pick up some steel here in the next day or two and start fabing it up. Also will be building winch mounts/bumper for the front and rear. Yep...
  20. 9

'95 Ranger Driver's Seat

My brother just picked up a '95 3.0 Supercab 4x4 Ranger this weekend. The problem is the center arm rest on the driver seat is broke. Any one have an extra seat laying around that they don't need? It is the split bench/bucket backed seat. Preferably gray in color.
  21. 9

Help fixing my 5 ton Rockwells

I need to replace the pinion seals and outer axle boots on the front axle of my 5-ton. Anyone have any directions and/or tips on doing this. We don't have any teardown manuals out here to go by, its more of a hands on training type of thing. The part should be out here with in the next week...
  22. 9

Tube doors!?

I decided today that I would have a go at making some tube doors for Moab. For the hinge side bracket I used some scrap 2"x1" square tube cut in half. I'll be using some 1.5" tube for the bars. I still need to figure out the latch mechanism. Door Removed: Hinge side bracket:
  23. 9

Did some body work

After I got my KCs installed, I thought I would go out for some wheeling and test and aim them. So I went out with Diff Whack to Walker Valley yesterday. After getting stuck on a muddy little hill of about 30 minutes and having to use the winch I knew it wasn't going to be a good day...
  24. 9

KC Titanium Slimlights installed

I finally got around to installing 2 of my 3 sets of KCs this weekend. I got the 130w spots and 130w driving lights installed. I still need to install the last set of 130w fogs. Before anyone says anything, yes I know the grill guards on the drivers are crooked but thats what happens when a...
  25. 9

Maiden Voyage

Whoops
Back