Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

2004-20014 Ford Explorer HP Tuners Support (it's here incase you didn't know)

Michael, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but all of those modifications' horsepower gains are not additive. Companies rate the power/torque gains for their offerings as if that were the only upgrade made. When upgrades are performed in parrallel then part of those gains get absorbed into...
  2. R

For Sale Headers, Gibson Stainless Steel for 4.0 SOHC Ranger & Explorer #GP219S

I am selling my brand new and still in the original box Gibson Headers, part # GP219S. According to the Gibson website, these will fit any 4.0 SOHC V6 Explorer/Explorer Sport MY's 1999-2004, Explorer Sport Trac MY's 2000-2005, or Ranger MY's 2000-2007. Included, are all items needed to...
  3. R

Kenne Bell Supercharged Explorer...

Oh ok. Well rock on, then! Makes perfect sense now. Enjoy it! Feel free to pm me with any questions you may have when you get to doing the project. As you can tell, I don't post much here anymore.
  4. R

For your plans of 8psi, the pump flow would be more than adequate. Yes, the tube under the intake manifold that runs to through the valley is for the interior heater. It fits with the blower and IC in there but it is tight. There were no clearance issues with the rear of the blower and...
  5. R

Finally getting a minute to reply on my phone so I will have to keep it short. The cruise IAT of 150* does seem high, and I am pulling cool air from outside of the engine bay, but I only looked at a short datalog that I did for a WOT pull. There wasn't much idle cruise time during that log...
  6. R

I took a quick look at my datalogs from back when I was tuning my Explorer on 20 psi of boost on the KB 2.2 blower in 2007. It has been many years ago, so I cannot recall the ambient temperature of that day, but my Idle and cruise IAT's were somewhere in the ~150*F range and then after a WOT...
  7. R

Nitrous for the first time....

Don, the nitrous stuff is pretty easy. I suggest running a wet type of system versus a dry. I have explained this before in multiple threads, so I won't elaborate in here besides saying that it is more tunable and safe. So, with a wet system only supplying about 100shot, just going with a wet...
  8. R

Yeah, you are probably right with the 11.49 ET requirement now. I stopped paying attention to it because I refuse to get a cage in a street car.
  9. R

Stock AOD-E/4R70W transmissions are pretty stout in stock form, and with a shift kit or the J-Mod they can hold a bit more if they aren't just worn out due to age and high mileage. If the time comes to shoot for serious power, then they can be built to hold 1,000+ hp but it will cost you. I...
  10. R

The fuel tank cannot be inside the passenger compartment whatsoever. So, you would either need to locate outside of that, or build a passable firewall to separate the cell. Why not locate the fuel cell where the spare tire would be? It is a prime location and there is plenty of room. I have a...
  11. R

For NHRA a roll bar a required for anything quicker than 11.99et. However, not many of us street car guys follow that. We either go to the track and make half passes until the launch, shifting, etc are ironed out and then make a full pass or two before getting booted. Some of the more major...
  12. R

How about you concentrate on getting to 12's first bud. Saying you will hit 10's, before your truck is even throwing up sub-15 second ET's is putting the cart before the horse. Are 10's doable with the right combo? Of course! But gain a bit more experience before making such large claims. You...
  13. R

Of course with drag racing there are too many variables to account for before simply making a few passes at the strip to see what ET you put down. However, when most anyone quotes an estimated ET for a given vehicle and power level, it is assumed that traction will not be a major issue, the...
  14. R

I agree and disagree with this. HPT has some attributes that are more desirable than SCT PRP stuff, and others that aren't. I have been tuning with SCT and HPT personally and professionally for about 10 years now, so I have a bit of experience with both. Here are a few things worth mentioning...
  15. R

This is good information. HPT will make a nice addition to the existing SCT software/hardware that already supports end-user recalibration of these vehicles. It's always nice to have more than one option for things.
  16. R

Ok, I decided to make a post over here since I mentioned in the other forum that I used to be a regular over here a long time ago. So, here goes. On a stock 302 Windsor based motor regardless of what internals you put into it, ARP hardware throughout the engine, the most badass fuel system...
  17. R

HOW TO: DIY CAI for 4.0 SOHC Explorer Sport

Silicone couplers are nominally sized based upon the outer diameter of the tubing they are supposed to hold. So a 3.5" silicone coupler has an ID of 3.5" to fit a piece of metal tubing that has a 3.5" OD. Remember that I said tubing and not pipe. The reason for this is because tubing size is...
  18. R

Turbocharged Lincoln LS...Video and Pics inside...

Sounds good. One thing I would suggest is a higher stall TC in your transmission to allow you to get into the power sooner with the turbos. The BB's will help, but only so much. Get your hotside piping Jet Hot ceramic coated to retain as much heat as possible. And, if not done so already, a...
  19. R

For Sale FS: Headers, Gibson Stainless Steel for 4.0 SOHC Ranger & Explorer #GP219S

I do still have them. :D Send me a PM or email and we can discuss the details if you are thinking of picking these up.
  20. R

That sounds like a fun car you have there Jon. When looking at compressor adiabatic efficiencies one must take into account the displacement of the engine it is on, in addition to a few other things. While your T04 may have been maxxed at 19 psi on your smaller displacement engine, it will maxx...
  21. R

No need to apologize at all. I am just giving you the best advice that fits your situation bud. I could give you all sorts of recommendations on parts and sizes, but if your tuner cannot tune it then you will be stuck. I can advise you on the assumption as if I were tuning your car; but Torrie...
  22. R

I am curious, in this thread you are talking about going turbo, and in the other you are talking about going with a bigger nitrous shot. Which one will it be? Just talk to Torrie, I am sure he will get you straightened out. If he is going to be tuning the combo for you then just go with his...
  23. R

If you are referring to the Aeromotive 340lph offering, then that will take you a long way itself. I assume that you will be upgrading fuel lines too. What size injectors will you be running? I assume you will have converted to a return system by that time too....
Back