Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. GJarrett

"Herc Tour" Report

I kept up with Peter a couple more times over the next year or two, but lost touch long ago. Great guy and gifted photographer. I still remember complaining to him on that trail that my photos could never capture the magnificence of what we were seeing. His reply was something along the line of...
  2. GJarrett

"Herc Tour" Report

It's almost Thursday Paul, close enough for me :) Lee, that photo made me literal LOL. Remember how we spent several tries trying to make the timer work and get all three of us in the photo and never got it done? I'm still handicapped with technology LOL. And I never got all the dirt from that...
  3. GJarrett

"Herc Tour" Report

Wow! I remember that Navajo and how great a job you did restoring it and I loved the interior. And.... how nervous you were at the first exit off the road onto the trail afraid of skidding the bottom of your rocker panel/running boards :)
  4. GJarrett

"Herc Tour" Report

Yeah.... really hard to believe it's been that long. I guess you may look older than a teenage kid now LOL
  5. GJarrett

"Herc Tour" Report

Wow - hard to believe it's been twenty whole years!.... and still, to this day, this trip/adventure remains one of the favorite and most cherished memories of my entire life.
  6. GJarrett

New to the forum, anyone had experience doing light off-road on a 2WD V6?

Beyond a limited slip, a locker would be even better. Powertrax makes a great locker for your rear axle (Powertrax No-Slip) that is still very "streetable". A Torsen would be another good option for maximum traction.
  7. GJarrett

Making Oil - I'll be Rich!

I cannot speak to the fuel dilution, but regarding the amount of oil, I have the 2.3 EcoBoost in my 2017 Mustang and its oil capacity is 6 quarts.
  8. GJarrett

Photos Moab 2021 - EF's 25th anniversary

Actually that was Tom Davis telling me that I am pointed in exactly the wrong direction LOL....
  9. GJarrett

Return of the Ranger and Bronco???

I am definitely interested in the new 2020 Bronco and can't wait to see what it will be. I've heard it will have solid axles and be a true trail worthy vehicle. http://www.bronco6g.com/
  10. GJarrett

Serious Explorations 20th anniversary video

I don't visit here often enough anymore.... great video and thanks for the memories :)
  11. GJarrett

Welcome to the forum. Like Rick said, I was always completely street legal and was still able to take it on some amazing trail adventures with Rick and others on this site. Read the link (it is the same link as clicking on "Gerald's Truck" in my sig line below). Hope this helps - and enjoy your...
  12. GJarrett

Pics from Moab 2000

Yes they are. Rick is a great photographer. That third one is the one I had framed :)
  13. GJarrett

Is there a South Carolina Chapter

I've been out of the loop awhile... sorry but I do not know who the current active SC members are. I do notice postings from SC members from time to time but cannot remember who they are. To my knowledge there has never been an active EF chapter in SC; the few of us that were active simply...
  14. GJarrett

Pics from Moab 2000

Colin it was Rick. He was up above on Hells Revenge and took those photos; I've got one almost like it that he took of me. So good that I framed it and it's hanging on the wall in my study :)
  15. GJarrett

Photos Return From Moab 2004! Photos!!

... a great caption for the photo would be "YOU'RE GOING EXACTLY THE WRONG WAY!" :D
  16. GJarrett

.... looks like I'm not wanting to go the same way Tom wants me to go. LOL
  17. GJarrett

Moab 2013 Photos and Videos

Ain't that the truth!
  18. GJarrett

Moab 2013 Photos and Videos

Was that when I was screaming for mommy or had I bailed out by then? I thought I was in the passenger seat but this must have been at the next obstacle. LOL
  19. GJarrett

Torsion/Coilover Conversion

Ditto. I have forgotten the shock lengths but all I did was measure the droop and get the QA1 that matched the length extended. If my memory isn't too fuzzy I do think Corkey's measurement in post #142 is correct.
  20. GJarrett

Center Console

Bringing this back up - how is the SEM Classic Coat holding up? I'm considering refinishing a steering wheel that has discolored by using that stuff.
  21. GJarrett

Best trip ever! Thanks for bringing this up Rick :D
  22. GJarrett

will 35's fit?

Herc had a 3" body lift + TT. I had to cut nearly 2" of metal off of the rear of the front fenderwells when I went to 35" tires. If that is what you have in mind when you write "with a little hacking" then yes, you can do it. And, to ask Bill's question again - what gears do you have? 4.10...
  23. GJarrett

Suspension/towing help/tips please!

If you're going to tow 5k lbs, pay strict attention to that advice. Keep it out of overdrive.
Back