Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. GJarrett

Powertrax NoSlip Locker for limited slip

I have a No Slip locker for an 8.8 rear Explorer axle. It will fit limited slip differentials but not open. All parts with install instruction sheet included. Summit and Ebay's current price is $527 + shipping; I'll sell this one for $250 shipped anywhere in the lower 48 states. PM me if...
  2. GJarrett

Powertrax NoSlip for 8.8

I have a No Slip locker for an 8.8 rear Explorer axle. It will fit open differentials but not limited slip. All parts with install instruction sheet included (however the little check gauge that checks clearance after install is missing... if you need the check gauge I'll have one drop shipped...
  3. GJarrett

RCD Coilover Conversion Brackets for sale

I have a set of original RCD coilover conversion brackets for sale. Excellent condition; $200 shipped anywhere in continental US. The set is missing the four shock tower gussets that were welded to my Explorer, but those are extremely simple items to make to weld onto yours.
  4. GJarrett

Is it possible to upgrade to beefier transmission during rebuild?

I posted this question concerning an Expedition tranny in the appropriate subforum http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=397936 but I know the tranny experts are here in this subforum and may not see that thread. If anyone knows what would be involved in upgrading a 2008 Ford...
  5. GJarrett

Expedition transmission upgrade during rebuild?

My Explorer is having too much trouble hauling my large boat, and I am looking for an Expedition that will do a better job. I have found an '08 Eddie Bauer Expy for sale with heavy duty tow package and 3.73 gears that I will look at this weekend. It is my understanding that in '09 Ford...
  6. GJarrett

Custom Hitch for Body Lifts $100

Custom Hitch for Body Lifts $100 INCLUDING SHIPPING Custom class III Hidden Hitch for 1st & 2nd generation Explorers with a body lift and bumper relocation brackets. If you have a body lift with bumper relocation brackets installed to raise the bumper to match the lift and you have a hitch...
  7. GJarrett

Help needed: dead engine after transmission failure

'99 4wd SOHC w/5R55E. The old tranny blew on me last weekend. When it let go, the engine went up to 5,500 rpm or so for a few seconds before I figured out that I was essentially in neutral. I put the tranny in neutral and coasted to a stop. At that time I tried to shift into different gears...
  8. GJarrett

Speedometer Recalibration Chip for sale

For Sale, JET # 50110 speedo recalibration chip to reset your speedometer after changing tire size and/or gear ratio. In addition to Explorers, also works for many other Ford, Dodge, Toyota trucks and Jeeps. Full application charts is at http://www.jetchip.com/howto.asp?folder=Accu-Speed $75...
  9. GJarrett

Where to access ABS controller wire?

'99 4wd w/SOHC. I just purchased a speedometer recalibration chip. The installation sheet for 98-01 Explorers instruct me to splice into the "ABS controller pin # 19" which should have a grey/black wire. Where is this pin # 19 at? As an alternate idea, I suppose I could splice into the...
  10. GJarrett

Wanted 4.56 gears for '99 2nd gen

Looking to re-gear my '99 to 4.56 and looking for a set of gears for both the front and rear axles.
  11. GJarrett

Where are the current best prices for gears?

I'm looking to re-gear HercII to 4.56 and am trying to find the best deal on a ring/pinion set. If anyone has info on current sales or low prices please let me know. Thanks!
  12. GJarrett

'99 Right Trailer brake/signal light problem

I am fairly certain that this has been addressed here before but a search brought up so many links that I can't find the answer within the mountain of information on this forum.... so here goes with a new thread. My trailer lights use the same bulb for brake and turn signals, while my...
  13. GJarrett

HEAVY load towing experiences?

First off, I know the safety police will arrest me, but I'm still considering hauling a very big boat with my Explorer. Maybe. I've already logged a lot of experience hauling this for several summers a few years ago: That boat weighed 4,300lbs dry. I estimate that loaded with...
  14. GJarrett

Will this extended brake line work for 4-6" lift

A search on this site for "extended brake line" yields about 2,000 hours of reading material, much of which references ways to buy lines and have them custom fitted, and most regarding 1st gen Explorers. I'd like a simple answer and want a bolt-on part for a 2nd gen Explorer with a 4"...
  15. GJarrett

Need Installation Instructions: Trailmaster IFS kit

Does anyone have a copy of the installation instructions for the Trailmaster 4" IFS lift kit for second gen Explorers?
  16. GJarrett

Superlift/Trailmaster "hybrid" question

Assuming that one had a 4" IFS Trailmaster kit, and wanted to dump the knuckle extension/steering slider mess of the Trailmaster, would the project be as simple as using Superlift knuckles in place of the Trailmaster knuckle extenders & steering slider (while keeping the rest of the Trailmaster...
  17. GJarrett

Where is the best price for Superlift IFS kit?

Looking for a Superlift K494 IFS lift kit for a 2nd gen Explorer. The best current price I have found is $1808. Does anyone know of a less expensive source; or a coupon to use; or (?)
  18. GJarrett

Both 4wd and hi/low inoperable; indicator lights inconsistent

I am positive my answer is already on this site but I got so many hits in search I cannot narrow it down to find it. Here's what happened: The last time I switched from "4auto" to "4 low" I did not hear the transfer case clunk into low like I always hear. However after going a few feet it was...
  19. GJarrett

Spider Gear Replacement

I have a friend that bought a used Jeep Cherokee that had no diffy fluid in the rear axle. He refilled it and it worked for a couple years, but now the spider gears are stripped. He thinks he has a Dana44. I'm trying to remember exactly how mine looked and fitted in the diffy, but cannot...
  20. GJarrett

Looking for Moab 2000 Photo

I tried to find it on our site but couldn't.... During our Moab 2000 run, Rob "Gofast" Robertson ripped a one-inch gash into his BFG sidewall on the Steelbender trail. As I recall the event, it was Rick that pulled out a Safety Seal plug kit to attempt a fix. We inserted several Safety Seal...
  21. GJarrett

HELP! A/C is short cycling

'99 w/SOHC and ETAC. I just got my A/C recharged and the evaporator replaced and the A/C worked fine for a day. However, now I've lost a lot of the cool and upon inspection have noticed that my compressor is short-cycling. It is kicking on, then off, then on, then off, at about 8 seconds...
  22. GJarrett

Need Toroidal Coil Supplier

The HHO kit I plan to build utilizes a toroid coil as one of its components. After reading what it takes to make a toroid coil, I flipped out..... it would take over a month of spare time to make one of those things. The parts may be cheap, but the description of the build sounds like it would...
  23. GJarrett

Torsion/Coilover Conversion

My Explorer "Herc" is dumping the torsion bars and going coilover. I still need a little advice on the shocks and coilovers. I just received the RCD brackets I ordered and took some guesstimate measurements. It looks like once I get the brackets on, the static mid-point eye-to-eye shock...
  24. GJarrett

Need 2nd Gen Superlift Info/Photo ASAP!

:help: Photo needed, or info if you know for sure... I broke my lefthand frame at the rear torsion bar holder bracket where the tranny crossmember bolts to the frame: You can see the break just to the left of the torsion adjuster bolt and the resulting tranny crossmember drop of about...
  25. GJarrett

Where's Best Price for 4" Superlift?

I've found a few places and the price seems to hover around $1,800+ for a 2nd gen Superlift. Does anyone know of any supplier that sells it for less?
Back